• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok maybe the guys here in the memory forum will know te answer. When I go to run 3Dmark2001 I get an error about being out of memory. What does this mean and how can I fix it. The other day I could run it without a problem but now I can't I was using everything you see in my Sig then and now. I really hope someone can help me.

I can start my Rig for the First time in the morning and it still says that. I downloaded RamBooster ran that then went to run 3Dmark and still said it. When I was using 2x512m.b. Sdram this never happened. I thought DDR was so much better.

Somethings not right, 256mb of memory is double what you need to run 3dmark 2001.

Your hard drive could be so full that there is no room for a swap file.

3D mark 2001 could be messed up try reinstalling it.

Maybe something is messed up with your os try reinstalling it.

Another possibility: how much stuff is running in the system tray?

Yet more: unkown app. ( or apps) running: you need a task manager to see all running programs; I found a freeware one once, don't remeber where, but I'll try and find it.

All that I have in the task bar when I go to run the test is Task Scheduler, musicmatch, and the little speaker icon. I may try to uninstall 3Dmark then reinstall it and see what happens, but with everything thats in my sig I used to run it was and scored 2138 and now nothing. I have a 7.85 gig hard drive in it right now til I get my 60 gig, but only 1.72 gigs of the 7.85 gigs is full.

Last edited:
A thought: have you done a virus scan recently? Possibly a virus set itself up and is eating up resources in the background.

Back