• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35 PRO + 6850 OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smitty1258

Ok, I finally got this issue with my ram figuered out, it seems that a stick went bad from transferring it from my 680i to my IP35, whats the odds?

SO, here I am with only one stick, trying to get to that magical 4ghz.

And I need some help.

I really have no idea what I'm doing with this board, but I think i have it about right.

Currently this is where I sit, already much better than my 680i.

12192007095129ii9.jpg

I have my Vcore in the bios set at 1.54 and after the drop while sitting idle I get 1.52-1.53 but when i put the orthos stress test on it, I drops to 1.51 - 1.49.

Is that normal? Do I need to turn on the "turbo" setting on my PSU?

How much more voltage can I safely pump into this cpu?

I only have 1 gig of ram in at the moment, 1:1 at 5-5-5-16

All other info is in my sig.

Whats you other voltages?

MCH
RAM
ICH
CPU VTT

If they are set to stock bump up the MCH and ICH and the VTT a little, see if that helps any. the ram might also need a little more juice.

and on the core with water, 1.6's you could probly run, but it puts out alot of heat.

that chip should do 4ghz on water easy.

Whats you other voltages?

MCH
RAM
ICH
CPU VTT

If they are set to stock bump up the MCH and ICH and the VTT a little, see if that helps any. the ram might also need a little more juice.

and on the core with water, 1.6's you could probly run, but it puts out alot of heat.

that chip should do 4ghz on water easy.

Yes all the other voltages are at stock.

What should I bump them up to? " a little" doesnt help me :) I like #'s

Thats a lot of volts on the CPU already.

you are approaching the range you need to bump up the MCH, and maybe the i/o and ich. Mch just give it a bump or two up

(bump means one bump.. varies by board.. could be .05 volts or .025 volts or something wierder)

dont go over 1.6volts on MCH though but you should not need to on a p35 until you are over 500fsb

ICH and ICHio I usally set to 1.15 and 1.5 repsectivally.

cpuvtt I usually setto just under what the vcore is. In your case with such a high vcore.. I think yo ucan get stability and drop that voltage by upping vtt to about 1.45ish (you will have to increase the MCH voiltage to see the increase incpuvtt)

EDIT: Oh and vdimm might need adjusting.. what Vdimm are you running now?

k, heres where Im at

cpu 1.55
ram 2.2
cpuvtt 1.23
mch1.29
ich 1.15
ichio 1.55

what should I change? Still cant get above 3904

Bump the MCH to 1.5ish then increase the VTT this will help the cpu stability.

If you have an extra fan laying around set it up to blow on the memory.

I do have a fan already blowing on the 1 stick of ram.

Here is where I sit now.I have not run orthos yet.

cpu 1.56
ram 2.2
CPUVTT 1.49
MCH 1.56
ICH 1.25
ICHIO 1.55

12222007143042nl2.jpg

12222007143045tv2.jpg

Last edited:
ok Just tried to run orthos, however it restarted the PC on blend test.

So i thought, well since 1 stick magically went bad while moving it from one board to another, lets try and stress just the ram, and orthos stops with an error

Test 1, 4000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M19922945 using 1024K FFT length.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Torture Test ran 0 minutes 41 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
Execution halted.

The funny thing is, that its supposed to stress ram, my ram usage was only at 63% while, both cores were at 100%, is that normal?

I just tried to run, just the cpu stress test, orthos stops in about 15 secs with:

Test 1, 800000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M172031 using 8K FFT length.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Torture Test ran 0 minutes 8 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
Execution halted.

so where do i go from here?

You may have just reached the max of the CPU.

Try stressing individual components to see which is holding you back..
drop the the multi and start running the bus up... get teh memory up to 1000 and the bus up to 2000 to see if its stable..

If it is then you know its the cpu limiting you.

You may have just reached the max of the CPU.

Try stressing individual components to see which is holding you back..
drop the the multi and start running the bus up... get teh memory up to 1000 and the bus up to 2000 to see if its stable..

If it is then you know its the cpu limiting you.

I tried stressing just ram, and just cpu in post #8, both failed.

ok, this is the first time it has ever even booted into windows at anything above 3960.

All I did was drop the multi to 8.

12232007085504rd9.jpg

12232007085508ru0.jpg

12232007085512in4.jpg

I have not run orthos yet, but like I said, first time even getting into windows above 3960.

Orthos here I come, wish me luck!
+

***UPDATE***
Well I ran orthos blend test:
FATAL ERROR: Resulting sum was -3.691396783407104e+016, expected: 2870874139552422
Torture Test ran 1 minutes 16 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
Execution halted.

Ran Orthos just cpu stress, stops as soon as I click start, with red stop screen + error.

Ran Orthos just ram stress, and I get the BSOD and a restart.

Last edited:
Maybe try loosening the timings on your ram slightly, I dont think thats your problem but its worth a shot.

what are your loaded temps like at your highest overclock where you can load it up at?

You might have to bump up your voltages a bit more just to try to find the weak component. It is starting to sound like you have reached the limit for the CPU....some are good OC's, some not bad, some horrible...yours may be right in the middle.

What Neur0mancer meant was to strees your ram by setting the divider to give you
as close to 1000mhz as you can, and stress the board by finding the highest FSB you
can run no matter the actual speed of the CPU....not by using prime95.

hello and i have the same problem as well. right now i am at 3.81ghz and very stable to since i am running it 24/7 but i to am looking for the 4ghz speed to. i have gotten there but it will either BSOD after the window splash screen goes away. or it will go into window but will crash on any stress test or 3DMARK06 run.

i have found this forum, abit forum and there is a few that have hit it
http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?t=131461
and that is thread of some one that has but. his settings he told me to use. are not so clear since i do not know what they mean in the bios screens.

if you can take a look at the thread you will see i posted my bios screen shot as reference. and this is what settings he used to get to the 4ghz OC
501 fsb multi 8x, transaction booster disabled,clock overcharge @ 0.70,cpu spread spectrum disabled,vcore 1.48v,cpu volt ref @0.63x,voltage damper enabled,cpu pll @1.60,fsb termination voltage @1.30, n/[email protected], n/b volt ref @0.67x, s/b @1.05v ,all cpu features disabled
i have tried them but i can't figure them all out as to what one is what on my bios screens.

Last edited:
Back