• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of a new CPU, who's runnign what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jas

I was thinking I might buy a new CPU, and was just curious who all is running what, and what are your Over clocks? (multipliers, FSB, voltage)

I currently have an E6400 L2 stepping (yuck). It's eating Voltage at 3.6ghz. Great processor, but too voltage hungry for these level of over clocks. Would love some recomendations and some OC data before I make a decision.

My e6400 L2 also OC's great (3.8 stable in the winter), but needs high voltages for high clocks

I'm sticking with it till nehalem

My e6400 L2 also OC's great (3.8 stable in the winter), but needs high voltages for high clocks

I'm sticking with it till nehalem

You have yours at 1.42v at 3.8?

Wow, mine took 1.52 to hit 3.6 stable.

I'm running a Q6600 G0 processor at 3.2GHz right now with all of my voltages besides my memory at auto in the BIOS (farely new to overlocking). My temps idle around 38-40C and load is around 50-55C. I'm currently waiting to purchase my WC setup before I go any further because I know I'll have to start increasing voltages to get to the 3.6-3.8GHz mark.

Back