• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please offer suggestion for a mobo for a gift

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

Hey there guys and girls,
I have been doing research on mobos for me but I need some suggestions for one for my brother for Christmas. He's getting a c2d (no quad) needs 4dimm slots, quality build etc. no need for sli, so I'm probably looking for a p35 right? Ive heard that the x38 is about to be obsolete already anyway. Also, he's primarily a gamer. Any suggestions would be great. Checked cyber deals and couldn't really find anything. THANKS!

It would be useful to know what other features he would need/desire, such as RAID, FireWire, etc.

I will go with an Abit ip35-pro or ip35-e

ip35-pro_top_500.jpg

ip35-e_top_500.jpg

and maybe one with the newest chipset the ix38 quad gt ...

ix38-quadgt_top_500.jpg

Hey there guys and girls,
I have been doing research on mobos for me but I need some suggestions for one for my brother for Christmas. He's getting a c2d (no quad) needs 4dimm slots, quality build etc. no need for sli, so I'm probably looking for a p35 right? Ive heard that the x38 is about to be obsolete already anyway. Also, he's primarily a gamer. Any suggestions would be great. Checked cyber deals and couldn't really find anything. THANKS!
IMHO, you should discuss this with your brother because he might already have made a choice. Even a gift certificate to a specific store might limit his choices...

thanks for the suggestions, first off, no raid needed, firewire not completely necessary. I have been disscussing it with him. He knows a lot about hardware but he kinda asked me to find a board for our parents to buy him. It's a long story. any other suggestions welcome.

p35 right? Ive heard that the x38 is about to be obsolete already anyway
Well that doesn;t say much for p35 then does it :bang head
If you don't need 2xpci-e 2 slots then p35 will be cheaper with about the same performance.

Back