• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bodybuilding.com - Excellent!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nathan0490

Conroe Hoe
I'm starting to work out to prepare myself physically for the military and a friend recommended Creatine as the best thing I can take to help out the process. Then he told me he knew a place I could get it cheapest and linked me to "Axis Labs Creatine Ethyl Ester" on Bodybuilding.com. It was $29 + only $6 for priority usps shipping so I figured for about $35 I couldn't go wrong to try the stuff. To my shock I received a shipping confirmation in my email 24 minutes after I recieved my order confirmation email(instant). I will definitely be doing business with this site again in the future.

http://bodybuilding.com/

-Nathan

Make sure you know how to use it heh.
Do you have other supplements? If you're going to work out seriously, you'll need Protein powder and multivitamins too at the minimum too.

I was going to follow the directions on the manufacturers website...

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 2-4 capsules twice daily.

Workout days: Take 2-4 capsules with 16oz of water 15-30 minutes before workout. Take another 2-4 capsules with 16oz of water 15-30 minutes after workout.

Non workout days: Take 2-4 capsules with 16oz of water with first meal. Take another 2-4 capsules with 16oz of water with meal 4-6 hours later.

Should I be using it another way? All I take right now is 2 500mg C's a day.

You will barely notice a thing taking Creatine. I used to use it for a solid year and worked out 3-days a week intense training. But to each their own.

Enjoy the supplements !!

I definitely noticed using it, so much that I cut down on the serving size and actually only used it on work out days (5 days a week). You'll be thirsty as it makes you conserve water, and it actually made me swell up pretty good. I noticed improvements, but only with a good diet to bulk up (I ate a ton). It'll give you the extra reps at the end of a workout. If you're trying to stay lean and muscular, protein powder and good diet is just as good. My long term experience.

Everything you find with regards to protein on Muscletech will get you where you need to be. Its hard to put into words what intensity and work out techniques can do for your individual body type and metobolism. To save words, high protein, high intensity training with proper recovery and balance will get results. Intensity and focus is like leveling a WoW player, like mini quests into the subconscious where minimum oxygen meets raw desire.

Good Luck!

Muscletech.com

Hey just to throw some input in, dont think that lifting weights is going to make the physical part of the military easy for you. Make sure youre working out muscles youll actually use in training/PT.
A lot of people think because they have these massive biceps and super muscular thighs that it will be a breeze. The three things you need for a PT test is push ups sit ups and running. A great way to get ready for those three things, is to do them. You dont need huge weights sets to do better/more push ups. You need to do push ups!

They are great! I have been getting my Met-RX and Vitamins from them for years. They will throw you an electronic coupon or two now that you are started. Always super fast shipping for me.

I used to take this stuff called "MegaForce" and Centrum. I bulked up so much ( from 170lb to 220lb) in less than a year. I worked out evry other day, but then i was in prison :eek: lol.

Never used any Creatine or any other stuff for that matter. It's been over 15 years and @ my age (46) i'm down to 198lb and still have a 34" waist :cool:

Stay off the starch unless you want to build mass.

Bodybuilding.com is fantastic when it comes to shipping I used to order from them back in my football days.

Make sure you drink a ton of water with creatine, you will be going to the bathroom a lot. Also I think you will definitely get more benefit out of protein loading, but I don't know if bulking up is really what you want to do prior to military training. Whatever you do drink lots and lots of water.

I buy from these guys to, they have very fast delivery and service, great place so far. Once they sent me a FREE shaker bottle, I wrote them that it was broke on arrival, which it was, they in turn sent me 2 for replacement...free of charge.

Ive heard of a lot of people having problems with the pills. Sometimes the pills don't digest. It's best to use the powder mixing it with gatorade. Took it my last 2 years of highschool football and it helps only if you take the extra reps when you think you want to stop.

Ive heard of a lot of people having problems with the pills. Sometimes the pills don't digest. It's best to use the powder mixing it with gatorade. Took it my last 2 years of highschool football and it helps only if you take the extra reps when you think you want to stop.

This particular brand?

I used creatine but stopped after like 6 months. It really does make you develop muscle fast. Although, it is good for developing muscle you have to learn how to exercise first. I knew some people who only wanted to look good. So all they did was aim for power lifting and not focus on what is more important and that is cardio.

For instance, when I was in school I had a few friends that ran track and like you, I had a friend that was heavily into body building who used creatine and he looked cut up compared to the track runners. I thought that he would actually do well running against the track runners because they were scrawny but to my surprise in a challenge he totally got slaughtered. I mean these guys were running laps around him and laughing when he was exhausted and they did not even stop for like an hour straight after.

Anyway, moral of the story is, do cardio- swimming and running as well as free weights and you will be more healthy than you think. Also remember to stretch it is very important in even muscle distribution.

Yeah, if you're going to join the military, cardio will do you far more good in basic than pure strength. Also too, you won't be able to take ANY creatine or supplements while in basic, so don't get too into them, else your body might **** up when it gets taken off of all that ****.

To prepare for basic training, run a lot, do push ups push ups and sit ups every day. That's really all you need. The other thing they like to make you do in basic a lot are flutter kicks, so you might want to try those out as well.

+2 on Running, push-up, and sit ups. that is all you are going to do daily for like 8 weeks, unless it has changed since 1991. Run. Run a lot. that is the hardest part to get better at while in Basic. Push up and sit ups will come quickly, running is the hardest to improve on. Start running like 3-4 times a week between 2 and 5 miles. Best of luck! what branch and MOS? An old 11B2P here.

Whey Protein if you want to get big. I recommend Optimum Nutrition, best brand, and very affordable. The Vitamen Store has their tubs for the cheapest around, if they have stores near you.

Back