• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any fix or use for broken pin IP35-E?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonyoak

I accidentally broken a pin on the LGA of an IP35-E. I can't find the broken part neither; I think it fell into the LGA. Does anyone know any fix, like micro-soldering(?), or use for this motherboard?

do you know exactly which pins are not used? is it safe for me to try boot up the system when one pin is broken? =X

Put a thin piece of wire into the socket. When the CPU is locked down the wire will contact the CPU and you'll be good to go.

If you find someone that can repair the pin let me know. I've been looking for a long time.

This is the closest I could find, look in chapter 4. Don't know how different the landout is for for quads, only other one I could find was for P4's..

http://download.intel.com/design/processor/datashts/31559205.pdf

Thanks ratbuddy! What a great find! I think it is very possible that I can revive the board, because the broken pin is a VSS ground and there is an adjacent pin which is also a VSS ground so I could just draw a shortcut trace on the Quad CPU and it should theoretically work!

Put a thin piece of wire into the socket. When the CPU is locked down the wire will contact the CPU and you'll be good to go.

If you find someone that can repair the pin let me know. I've been looking for a long time.

billb, the Land Grid Array 775 sockets are inverted, so the pins are sticking out on the socket, not the CPU. I can't put the thin wire in the socket without shortcutting the neighboring pins, unless someone can do a really fine sub-millimeter-scale soldering. :(

I think it is very possible that I can revive the board, because the broken pin is a VSS ground and there is an adjacent pin which is also a VSS ground so I could just draw a shortcut trace on the Quad CPU and it should theoretically work!

Was hoping you'd have that kind of luck. Let us know if it works!

Did you get the board to work? If not let me know if you want to get rid of it I will take it off your hands. I need a non functioning intel socket for an experiment. :)

Back