• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 Northwood: RD, SD or DDR?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

!!tio!!

For P4 Northwood, it runs at 533QDR = 133 FSB according to tomshardware. So should we get RD (4x), DDR (2x) or SD (1x) since SD can runs the job that a RD does...

However, according to Tests..... Sis645 beats i850 in most SUBtests so is DDR better??

Come On.... Suggestion:confused:

Intel will require you to buy a new video card, m/b, ram. h/s, hdd, and a new life cause the thing just ain't compatible with ANYTHING out yet...LOL

j/k, I do not know how much new stuff they will have to allow this chip to attain 533, probaly RDRAM at first and then DDR shortly after.

Who knows now a days. It seems like Intel just put the three different memory types in a bowl and randomly picks them out. I realy have no idea to be honest. The sdram format is aweful so i hope they dont go for that again. The Rdram is good and bad. Good being fast at low amounts of it but expensive and doesnt do well with anything above 512mb. The new 266ddr and the upcoming ddr33 for it looks to be the most promising. Hopefly thats where they will go.

actually the intel chipsets are probably more compatible than most chipsets out there.....but i digress...intel plans to soon have northwoods with 133bus*4=533mhz bus.....i believe that PC1066 rdram will have to be out by then.....sdram sucks...rdram is the best but too expensive.....the SiS beats RDRAM with ddr 333, but i dont think it can stand a chance with 1066RDRAM.....i still hold firm to my belief that Intel and AMD make better chipsets than Via, SiS, or ALi could ever make.....

funnyperson1 said:
actually the intel chipsets are probably more compatible than most chipsets out there.....but i digress...intel plans to soon have northwoods with 133bus*4=533mhz bus.....i believe that PC1066 rdram will have to be out by then.....sdram sucks...rdram is the best but too expensive.....the SiS beats RDRAM with ddr 333, but i dont think it can stand a chance with 1066RDRAM.....i still hold firm to my belief that Intel and AMD make better chipsets than Via, SiS, or ALi could ever make.....

However Kingmax DDR333 256 costs the same as Samsung 128RDx2

So DDR wont consider as cheap in this case

this pricing is the same in Asia-Pacific..... so is that same for US? DDR price rises by 100% or more compare to last 2 months?

Well... in HK.. samsung 256DDR was $230 on week one, then $330 on week 2 and $500 last week........ (Hong KOng Price)

Back