• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone else ordered from Nexfan in the last month?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
I've ordered from this reseller before without issue.

http://www.nexfan.com/

My last order has not fared as well and I was just curious as to whether anyone else had experienced problems.

On 12/11/07 I placed an order for some fans and misc stuff and received an order confirmation (they go thru Yahoo, but unsure of the particulars of how that works).

Since that time I've heard nothing back. My credit card was not charged, my phone calls have not been returned and nor have my emails.

There is a phone messaging system that asks for me to leave a message, but no one has picked up the phone in any of my 4 phone call attempts.

Are these guys still open for business? When I placed my order I seem to recall seeing a statement on the home page which was apologizing for delays in shipping and that all oders would be filled. Their policies state that they ship within 48 hours of the order being placed, but here I am over 10 days later and not a word.

Anybody had contact with them in December?

According to what I'm seeing at Resellerratings.com, it looks like these folks have tanked badly on their dealings with the customers. If I were you Reefa, I would try to cancel the order and/or dispute any charges from the order you placed. This stinks a lot like the Monarch debacle right before they bit the dust.

Thanks for that info...don't know why I didn't check there. Everyone of those complaints is almost an exact duplication of what has happened with me.

Time to place a call to the credit card company.

What a shame...they used to be a good source.

Last edited:
If you PM or e-mail me you order number I'll ask Josh at Nexfan what the deal is.

I've ordered from this reseller before without issue.

http://www.nexfan.com/

My last order has not fared as well and I was just curious as to whether anyone else had experienced problems.

On 12/11/07 I placed an order for some fans and misc stuff and received an order confirmation (they go thru Yahoo, but unsure of the particulars of how that works).

Since that time I've heard nothing back. My credit card was not charged, my phone calls have not been returned and nor have my emails.

There is a phone messaging system that asks for me to leave a message, but no one has picked up the phone in any of my 4 phone call attempts.

Are these guys still open for business? When I placed my order I seem to recall seeing a statement on the home page which was apologizing for delays in shipping and that all oders would be filled. Their policies state that they ship within 48 hours of the order being placed, but here I am over 10 days later and not a word.

Anybody had contact with them in December?

Wow. a 1.97 six-month rating on resellerratings.com. Ouch.

I ordered from them in the past with no problems at all.

If you PM or e-mail me you order number I'll ask Josh at Nexfan what the deal is.

Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it. I'll follow up with a PM to you.

Wouldn't you know that of the Zillion orders that I've made online, this is the only one that I've ever paid with a debit card...it was all that I had handy at the moment because for some reason (can't imagine why that would be [sarcasm]), the Paypal option wasn't working that day.

Last edited:
Wow. a 1.97 six-month rating on resellerratings.com. Ouch.

I ordered from them in the past with no problems at all.

Like you, I've ordered several times over a period of a few years and never had a problem. Because of that it never occurred to me to check their reseller ratings before making this last order.

My lesson learned...if it ain't the egg or ZZF then don't order without double checking their current ratings.

SSS,

PM and email sent with order info. Thanks again for offering to help.

When I tried to send a fax and got the message that the number had been discontinued my hopes of having this resolved to my satisfaction took a nosedive.

Oh well, at least with this thread I can perhaps keep someone else from going thru the same thing.

I have a long history with this vendor and was very happy until my last order. After waiting 2 wks. for shipping confirmation, I send an email canceling my order. An email stated that he would be in the office next week and he would take care of it. I ordered the fans I needed from Jabtech. A month later I get a shipment from nexfan. This was a small order or I would have stop the charges on my credit card and sent them back..

Your experience is very similar to what is being posted at Resellerratings.com (linked in Post #2).

At this point, getting the shipment a month late would be a much better solution than not getting it at all, which is what I fear will be the case.

It is a shame, too, as I had always recommended them to friends in the past and even did so right before my order. Luck has it my friend opted to go with one of the other companies that I had recommended.

It is a shame, too, as I had always recommended them to friends in the past and even did so right before my order. Luck has it my friend opted to go with one of the other companies that I had recommended.

Indeed, this is very odd. Normally Josh at Nexfan responds quickly to any issue I brought to his attention in the past. 4 days and no word, but it's the holidays and perhaps he went out of town for the holidays. :confused:

I know that is certainly a possibility as to why he has not responded to your email.

Doesn't really answer why he hasn't replied to my inquiries, nor filled my order of 12/11/07.

It appears, based on the comments made at Resellerratings that he has been having trouble getting orders filled on a timely basis. Do you know if he is a one man shop, or are there more employees?

Clearly, something is going on at his store. Whatever it is, I sure hope he gets it worked out.

Did they end up charging your card?

Quoted from my post #6...

Wouldn't you know that of the Zillion orders that I've made online, this is the only one that I've ever paid with a debit card...it was all that I had handy at the moment because for some reason (can't imagine why that would be [sarcasm]), the Paypal option wasn't working that day.

After filling out the required paper work my bank is going to credit me for the funds so it appears that I'm not going to be out the cash after all. The bank, on the other hand, will eat the charge because it is below a charge-back threshold.

If they end up shipping in a month or two, then I'll let the bank know (my employer) and give them the funds back.

Yeah I know you said debit card, but who knows if they actually charged it or not?

Anyway, it's pretty easy to do a chargeback even with debit.. I've had to do it a few times myself..

There hasn't been any activity, replies to emails or phone calls since I placed my call...but the charge to my account was done without any hesitation...it went thru the night the order was placed.

That may have been an automatic thing thru the yahoo vendor system that they are a part of, or it may have been initiated by Nexfan, I really don't have any idea, but I would guess that it was the yahoo system that took care of processing the payment.

Go to your bank and tell them there was an unauthorized charge. They'll give you a form to fill out, and you'll get your money back. Unless your bank sucks.

i'm pretty sure they're a small-time business, like one guy. that's not an excuse for such bad communication though.

Go to your bank and tell them there was an unauthorized charge. They'll give you a form to fill out, and you'll get your money back. Unless your bank sucks.

read post #16.

Back