• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit IN9 32X Max BIOS Update Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caust1c

So I got all my new parts Thursday, and decided to start building today... All the hardware installation went off without a hitch. When it came time for the first boot however, I encountered an error trying to boot from the USB drive... The motherboard ships with BIOS 1.0 and requires you to update to 1.2 before you can use the Exx50 CPUs. So I used this guide here from over at the Abit forums. When I boot I see the splash screen and then the screen that says: "Press F1 to continue, Press DEL to enter BIOS" So I press F1. Thats where the problem starts. The screen then reads "Please remove all disks and media. Then press any key to continue." (The USB drive was in that was supposed to be bootable) So I take it out and press enter. After that it tells me: "Please enter disk to continue." So I enter the USB again (which it is supposed to read as a floppy) and press enter. Following that It goes back to message 1: "Please remove all disks and media. Then press any key to continue." :mad: So I try again and as I expected it showed message 2 again. So I restart the computer and try once more, this time waiting till it asks me to put in a disk. Doesn't work. I try to reboot once more and then it doesn't boot. It didn't even show the splash screen. The Debug LED showed A0 when it was trying to boot (All the lights were on but nobody was home). And when I shut it down it displayed 99. I cleared the CMOS and tried booting again just to prove to myself I didn't fry the board. Thank God it booted. So I calmly shut it down and came here. Now what? Am I going to need to buy a FDD? I really don't want to as I want to build today and I don't feel like going out. HELP!

PS. No one told me this board looks so sick! And the ground effects! A++

Guide: http://forum.uabit.com/showthread.php?t=131495

I think I will try it out. From what Ive read, its not so much a beta as much as abit didnt want to release it till January. i.e. Its the full version thats been made just not "Officially" released.

Back