• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing Swiftech H20 Mounting CPU Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BadMotivatoR

Registered
I'm trying to install this setup on my Evga680i motherboard and I've come across a problem. When trying to tighten down the CPU block the threads spin on me. Does this have to be hand tighten or really tighten to the motherboard so the threads dont spin when trying to tighten the screws on the front of the cpu block? I know the springs tighten down but how much?
Thanks for any help..

when i do It i dont stop till the springs are totaly compressed ( i have even stoped using the springs some times )

Or you could buy 4 more nuts & screw the studs tightly to the Mobo. Then the bolts will not spin when you tighten the WB nuts.

Oh man I forgot, you may need to also buy some nylon washers to insulate those nuts from "shorting" something on the mobo possibly!

Yeah I still got the nylon washers that came with the swiftech kit so I should be good to go. My question is this. How hard do you tighten the bolts on the motherboard cause I put alot into tighten those bolts to the motherboard only to find them studs twisting when I go to tighten the waterblock bolts. Am i doing something wrong here?
Thanks again for the input.

Yeah I still got the nylon washers that came with the swiftech kit so I should be good to go. My question is this. How hard do you tighten the bolts on the motherboard cause I put alot into tighten those bolts to the motherboard only to find them studs twisting when I go to tighten the waterblock bolts. Am i doing something wrong here?
Thanks again for the input.

Ideally you would want to use both a "lock washer" & a normal washer to "hold" the bolt if it is still spinning on you. The lock washer provides tension on the board & helps keep that bolt from spinning.

Back