• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another 780i board on newegg...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nv taking a step backwards... interesting... im shocked no one here remembers the quad sli NV was talking about what a year or 2 ago... imo that was the better route to go since we are space limited with the ATX format. if the mobo was E-ATX or some server standard with lots of room for the slots then i can see this being more viable to use.

Tempe Fry's has that for $264.99. It took me all of 3 minutes to remember the "joy" an EVGA 680i brought me...picked up my sanity along w/ a Maximus and GTS. Screw Crysis! COD4's MP FTW!! :D

its not a bottleneck at all,they barly use all the bandwidth of PCIE 1.0 8x slot as it is...

ya serious... a 8800GTS 640mb is only 10% bottlenecked by a pcie 1.0 4x slot... thus a gtx or even an EXTREMELY ocd ultra will come close to bottlenecking a pcie 1.0 16x slot (probably wouldnt be bottlenecked by an 8x 1.0 slot)

Back