• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is a good lga775 board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

terran2k

I want to buy an LGA775 board that supports 4x1GB of DDR2 533(correction), PCI-E, Can support my Pentium 640. Has good overclocking support. Price rage, less than $130, sub $100 would be great, but that might be a stretch. Oh yeah if the board will support the pentium 640, but allow me to upgrade to a pentium d or core2 later on, that'd be awesome. Im pathetic when it comes to intel mobos and the likes, so Im looking for advice from you all.

Thanks.

Last edited:
well there are no LGA boards with intel chipsets that offer core2,4 ddr slots. you will find VIA based boards that can work with either DDR or DDR2, but its only 2 slot for each type. you might just wait a while then and upgrade..

DDR2 533 a p35 chipset will support the Ds as well as future upgrades to quad etc..

But you can save money and just get a decent p965 board.

Gigabytes are chepa.. asus is popular... if you go p35 i suggest the abit board though ip35-e is noce and inexpensive.

yeah its ddr2 533, srry, mistyped it in the original post. I'll go with that gigabyte board then, its more expensive than the ECS 965 board i was looking at, but the Gigabyte will give me more of an upgrade path. Cheap stuff always gives me more of a headache anyway.

Last edited:
if it'll take ddr2-533 I'll get the ds3r, reason being, this board will probably become my main pc in 6 months when I plop the money down to buy a Quad core, and better memory, then I'll make my AMD PC my vmware workstation instead of this one. So any1 know for sure if the ds3r will use ddr2-533 memory?

just made sure you get a board that has 1333fsb, vcore ajustment and 4 ram slots quad core wont do any good for anything for years to come

Back