• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Buy and Sales Compensation!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WonderingSoul

Team 32 Folding Member
I bought the VisionTek HD3870 for the online sale price of $214.99. Soon thereafter they dropped $21.50 off of the price. I called and asked for compensation of the difference of the $21.50, I was given $22.79 (tax difference as well). My total will now be $205.10 instead of the original $227.89 with free next day air! Mmmm,

I am super excited that Best Buy takes care of their customers like this. I would have just assumed it woulda been FUBAR, but to my dismay I got what I wanted.

Big thumbs up to their sales department or company policy or whatever :beer:

$205.10 for a 3870 is delicious!

Most major chains do this. There is usually a 7 or 14 day limit but I have seen 30 day time limits as well.

Certain companies used to mention this in their television commercials, but I expect that most people think this will not apply (if you hate crowds do your black friday shopping on wednesday and then hope the stuff you got was on sale :))

Yup, we sure do.

Pretty much everything is price guaranteed for at least 14 days. IE you buy today and 10 days from now it's less, we'll refund the difference. BBY tries really hard to do well in CS, plus if you're polite, for the most part the CS will be polite back.

Newegg doesn't have any price protection. Disappointing, as 6 hours after my purchase, prices went down.

Newegg doesn't have any price protection. Disappointing, as 6 hours after my purchase, prices went down.

You have told them to match their price after 6 hours and they didn't do it? I have a hard time believing that. If they didn't you should have told them you were going to refuse delivery and not do business with them again.

You have told them to match their price after 6 hours and they didn't do it? I have a hard time believing that. If they didn't you should have told them you were going to refuse delivery and not do business with them again.

Whatever system Newegg uses, or at least used to use, did not allow for price matches or adjustments like this. When I have run into this sort of situation before and called Newegg customer service they have either canceled the order for me and reordered it at the new price or they have told me to refuse the shipment if it was too late to cancel and then reordered it at the new price. It works, but it would really be nice if we could get this easier method to be available.

I've had Newegg do price matches a few times via chat reps. :shrug: As long as the item has not been delivered they were able to do it, once it was in the evening after delivery but on the same day and I said 'please check with a supervisor' and got a refunded. The last time though they only offered a discount on my account for my next order which is OK because I know I'll use i eventually but I think it means they are tightening up on that policy.

Back