• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funkyoneboy

Registered
Hi guys Iam just about to take a jump to daul/core form my old 3.2 northwood 478:(
Iam on qiute a low budget Ive just read a review in custom pc magazine they seem to like it they gave it an award

iam lookng at the Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L, with tthe Intel Core 2 Duo E2140 "LGA775 Conroe" 1.60GHz (800FSB) and some Patriot 2GB PC2-6400 C4 Extreme Performance (2x1GB) memory Ive read review that this chip overclocks well maybe to 3gig) and this broad is a good budget broad for the money and the memory is good as well on a tight budget .. iam also thinking of the Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 512MB PCI-E, and a psu i was looking at the OCZ 600W StealthXStream, and a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 PRO and some Arctic Silver V Compound

are all the parts o.k. to make o.k. budget system ? and silly ???? will it be better/faster than my old system? ???? i hope to upgarde the chip to a quad 6600 at a later date aswell . will all these bits overclock o.k. ??

pls help iam new to the 775

regards

Steve (p.s. Happy Xmas everyone:santa:)

Last edited:
that setup will do you fine, not need to oc the ram since the cpu has a actual fsb of 200mhz. that means for ocing you want to keep a 1:1 ratio with the fsb to ram. that way when you hit 400mhz your ram is running stock. also this new setup will be so much faster then what you have now... get ready to be amazed!

Back