• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg = Incompetency [ISSUE RESOLVED SATISFACTORILY]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Surfrider77

PLEASE SEE LAST POST FOR UPDATE!

I just want to start with the fact I have ordered deep into 5 digit figures from Newegg over the last 5+ years. I have had a couple problems in the past, but their customer service has always treated me well and fairly... until today.

It all started with an order I placed a couple weeks ago. It was for $3600 worth of parts, one of which included an Areca 1231ML RAID controller card. http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16816151016
I need this card for my 4 SSD RAID0 setup.

Newegg made a mistake and sent me the wrong model. They sent me Areca's cheapest model, the 1110. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816131001&Tpk=areca+1110

At this point, I am a bit ****ed off because of the sheer amount of time it takes to get things to and from my location (Middle East). It's taken just under 2 weeks for this to arrive, now I have to wait even longer for their screw up.

So today I called up Newegg customer service to see if they will cross ship because of their mistake. NOPE! They tell me they need to receive the item to verify they sent the wrong one! :bang head I sat on the phone telling the woman, that it says in great big bold letters ARC 1110 on the side of the box!

Nevermind the fact I have spent enough money to buy a couple new cars through their website, they refuse to send me an advanced replacement because the $860 ARC 1231ML is "too expensive". That means approximately 2 weeks for them to receive my RMA and another 2 to get me the right item.

I am NOT a happy customer! :mad:

0 stars for Newegg's packaging / QA inventory / shipping department

0 stars for their lousy customer service department

PLEASE SEE LAST POST FOR UPDATE!

Last edited:
One word: 'supervisor' The first-level reps likely just have to quote policy and may be able to make certain exceptions in some cases. Cross-shipping a replacement is obviously not one of them. I can understand it from Newegg's viewpoint too though. Just call again and escalate it to a supervisor and keep going until you find someone who will do what you want, if there is someone who can that is.

I just want to start with the fact I have ordered deep into 5 digit figures from Newegg over the last 5+ years. I have had a couple problems in the past, but their customer service has always treated me well and fairly... until today.

It all started with an order I placed a couple weeks ago. It was for $3600 worth of parts, one of which included an Areca 1231ML RAID controller card. http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16816151016
I need this card for my 4 SSD RAID0 setup.

Newegg made a mistake and sent me the wrong model. They sent me Areca's cheapest model, the 1110. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816131001&Tpk=areca+1110

At this point, I am a bit ****ed off because of the sheer amount of time it takes to get things to and from my location (Middle East). It's taken just under 2 weeks for this to arrive, now I have to wait even longer for their screw up.

So today I called up Newegg customer service to see if they will cross ship because of their mistake. NOPE! They tell me they need to receive the item to verify they sent the wrong one! :bang head I sat on the phone telling the woman, that it says in great big bold letters ARC 1110 on the side of the box!

Nevermind the fact I have spent enough money to buy a couple new cars through their website, they refuse to send me an advanced replacement because the $860 ARC 1231ML is "too expensive". That means approximately 2 weeks for them to receive my RMA and another 2 to get me the right item.

I am NOT a happy customer! :mad:

0 stars for Newegg's packaging / QA inventory / shipping department

0 stars for their lousy customer service department

Dear Customer,

First off, let me apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. My name is Mike Paulus, and I am the Manager of our Contact Division here in customer service. This type of service is unacceptable and I am personally embarrased Sir . This is NOT the type of service we provide here at Newegg. I could possibly understand making you wait if you here in the US, simply because we would need to confirm the we do have the correct item in stock. But the fact that you are across seas would definitely call for this exception to be made(once we confirm we have the right item in our inventory).

Again, I apologize for the service you experienced. Our reps are trained very well and provide the best service in the industry. Please reply to me as soon as you can so I can rectify this situation for you. You can reply to this post, email me directly, or call our 800 # and ask for me.

What I need from you Sir is your account # (or sales order #), and the name of the representative you spoke with. We need to speak to this agent asap and train her on how to provide the type of service that you and I are accustomed to...

Thank you Sir,

Mike Paulus
[email protected]

Just an update for everyone...

Newegg have resloved this issue to my complete satisfaction. Mike has been a great help and I am thankful we, at OC Forums, have him to assist us.

Thanks again for going out of your way to directly contact me to get this matter resolved.

5 stars for Mike! :beer:

Yay!

I just started a RMA, but the Bbrner is no longer in stock/sold hopefully I can get some $ for another DVD burner, UPS label was provided and no restocking fee of course. This is why I shop newegg ;)

Mike Paulus, they need more people like you everywhere. I'm glad you are on this forum.

Back