• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to order parts, last minute advice !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

colt1911

Registered
I've given up on running SLI , although the 780I mobo's are out now. By talking and reading these forums most people don't use SLI or CF and it's getting to expensive to buy two cards every time you want to upgrade. I am trying to decide between these two boards ( P5K Premium Black pearl edition or the Maxmius Formula ). I will keep my DDR2 memory and E6850 cpu for now .I 'll also be upgrading my GPU to the 8800GTS ( G92 ) and will then buy a Q9450 quad when it comes out in March. If you see anything worth changing or can advise me of something better please help as I plan to order the mobo and gpu 12/26/07. Thanks you guys have been a great in helping me build this new system. Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Are there any cooling issues with the Max Formula when oc'ing? I will only be using air cooling and I have a Zalman 9700 and my case has 5 (120mm ) fans in it. I'm not sure I want to wait for the Q9450, I may instead just get a Q6600 go for now . With air cooling could I reach 3.2 with the Q6600 stable ?

Your chances at a stable 3.2 on air should be good. Might have to up the cpu voltage a little, then again maybe you won't. Good luck. :beer:

If I choose the P5K Premium will it matter that my gpu card is PCI-E 2.0 or should I get the X38? Also will I be making a mistake by getting the Q6600 go now instead of waiting on the Q9450?

Back