• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Skinit.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

Im just going to take this directly from my ResellerRatings.com submission.

I ordered from dell.skinit.com which I believe is still part of skinit.com and not Dell. Anyhow, they had a special going on for the holidays where you get like 10% off. I accidentally ordered without adding the promo code. I e-mailed them immediately after asking if it was too late to add it to my order, and they responded back six days later saying it was too late, but since my order has not been shipped yet I could cancel and reorder. Six days and my order wasnt even shipped?
That irked me a bit. I replied saying that I wanted this thing within the next 45 days so I wasnt going to cancel. They replied with "Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to
you. As far as the discount is concerned I will escalate your concern to
the Tier II department and they will get in touch with you in the next 24
to 48 business days. If you have any further questions or concerns please
feel free to contact us again."
That came 5 days ago. Big surprise that I didnt see an email. Anyhow, the skin came, it looks good. Im satisfied with the product, but quite upset with the speed of things and lack of true customer service. Dont use this service if you need it anytime soon. Other than that, the products are great.

Yes but it may have been a custom skin, in which especially during the holiday period, would be slow regardless.

I ordered my custom Crysis skin made by Captain Slug on 12/16 so I'll let you guys know when its shipped and I get it!

Let me know how it turns out. I know that you did a huge res pic to try and make sure it came out clear on the skin. I want to know if I should bother buying again.

Oh just saw it was you who had the problem -- Thought you just were just pulling a review off the site.

I will for sure let you guys know how it comes out. They are supposed to email me when its shipped...I'm sure they are bogged down for xmas. Also the custom skins say they take up to 14 business days to be created.

I'm in no rush so when it comes, it will come :)

Hmm thats weird...I just checked up today and it says Ordered 12/16, shipped 12/18.

So where is it :confused: The tracking number on my account isn't registering with ups. Its like xxxxxnumberherexxxskinit <-- thats obviously not a ups tracking number, it wouldn't have skinit attached at the end. I tried removing the skinit part and it still isn't recognized. I'll call them tomorrow and see whats going on.
It shipped from San Diejo too, Within CA, no matter what shipping, I should have gotten it by now.

I dunno...you ordered around the holidays when shippers are the most slammed and you received your product within 11 days of the order being placed. Taking into account that there will at least be a couple of non business days in that time period and it doesn't sounds like it took an abnormal amount of time for it to get there. Of course, that is only based on what I saw in your post. Maybe there are more details that I am not aware of.

Like I said in my RR review, if youre looking to get your item in any kind of timely fashion you might as well make it yourself.

I got a reply to the email I sent.

It seems like they ship using UPS Innovations. I have never heard of this before, but it seems to be a cross shipment between UPS and USPS. Apparently it takes 7-10 business days (I did choose cheapest shipping). With Christmas period, I should receive it in the next few days then (tomorrow would be right on 10 business days)

So this would be the 11th/12th business day and still nothing. I got another email that said they escalated it to tier 2 support and I would receive another email in 24-48 business hours (aka monday)....

This is irritating :mad:

This is USPS' fault. On the UPS Innovations site it says USPS has my item and they handed it over 12/20/07. It was shipped by skinit on 12/18. Well its 1/4 today......grrr!

Just got it !!!!!

:D

OH MY!!! It looks VERY well made and the quality is amazing! Pictures as soon as I get it on the laptop!

Super slow shipping but I am 100% satisfied!

Last edited:
I posted some pictures in another thread, but here they are too :)

crysisskinit.jpg

crysisskinit_2.jpg

Yes for my Inspiron 1520 :)

Back