• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo and memory questions-help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfwalker

Can anyone help me? My question is I have a pentium d-3.46EE and the p5wd2-e premium mobo with corsair xms2 memory (4-1g sticks) and I was wondering if;

Are there any other different mobo's that I could use with this processor (975x chipset)?

running xp-pro 32bit is my board running ddr2 speeds even though 32bit only recognizes 3gig or do I need 64bit?

want to upgrade memory to 8500 (1066-on board and cpu) cuz fsb is 1066 but will the current board use all the memory and at that speed?

any help wouold be greatly appreciated!!

black kandalph case
2-maxtor 250-raid 0
1-maxtor 200 sata
1-maxtor 120
dual plextor 16xsata dvd-rw
koolance exos sytem
danger den cpu, vga and north bridge water blocks
pentium D 955-EE 3.46 overclocked to 4.1
4-1g corsair xms2 pro ddr2 667
sapphire radeon x800 pro vga
creative sound blaster x-fi-fatality platinum
klipsch pro-media ultra 5.1 speaker system
danger den 120mm blackice raditor and fan in series with koolance
pc power and cooling turbo 510w sli power supply

Last edited:
Sounds like you got a hot setup now, why do you want to change it?
You could look at pricewatch for a 975x chipset mobo.
If the chip is an LGA775 then you might check into weather a P35 chipset mobo is backward compatible with your cpu, and you can browse accordingly :)

Not sure the pentium D-EE is 64bit ready, maybe somebody here knows and will chime in.
Welcome to the forums,
Doc :santa:

changing

yes cpu is 64bit ready.

want to change to utilize the most out of the system. plus I believe memory is my bottle neck for overclocking. I know i should be able to get more than that out of what I have. when I bought the memory i opted for the 667 because of price. now that it is more affordable, I would like to go for 8500. basically i bought 4x1gig sticks, so is my system utilizing all four gigs at ddr2 speeds? or is it dropping it because it only recognizes 3gigs? plus the asus board has major problems with the marvell sata ports, so I am only able to use 4 of the ports instead of eight....

Back