• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5B E6600, Insert CD and Lock System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicholas_t

Returned to Asus from RMA Dept. Ready to put back in service? :bang head
Are there anyone else out there with this problem, Email me and I will send you the picture of the socket they sent back to me. ULR yet to come.
Good Morning, I have just been trying to get my computer up and running again, but would rather not take the chance with a motherboard that is far less than what I had purchased. I do enjoy the part of building my own system but this is taking something that I enjoy and turning it into a bad dream. When I had first installed the O/S (XP Pro) I had a problem with the board and rather than turning it in at that time I tried to re-install the O/S, that helped. But it still was not what it should be; every time I loaded a CD the system would lock up. I order to install a program I had to re start or reboot the computer with the CD in the drive. For most every program! Along with this and a few other errors the system had started to over heat. The best was 77°C was the very worst and that was one time. I had taken pictures of my board in the case and also when I had it ready to ship. The motherboard that I shipped you for repair did not have a warped LGA775 Socket. I had tried to work with your tech when I first had the problem and spent a month of double checking the compatibility of my drives, memory, and graphic card. Plus running Memtest86 ver3.2 pulling the board and running it out of case. It had all checked out fine, leaving the motherboard. I talked to your tech one more time and then called for my RMA#. Yes I called most every day to ask what they had found wrong, and to this day they have not returned my call with an answer. The best part is I had started collecting parts in February of 07 to build this computer, every time there was a 10 or 20 bucks I could spare it went into this box. Yes I wanted the best, and that is why I bought Asus… But you send me back this as a new replacement, and better yet think I will use it? This is an insult really, not only to me but also to Asus Computer.
nicholas_t

Back