• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amer1337

on my moms computer (intel mobo not sure of model # offhand) i just replaced her hd with an 80gig and reinstalled xp pro sp2, but everytime i boot up it says please insert boot media, the first time i saw it i went to the bios and it seemd to have set to defaults, so i changed it, hit f10 and it booted fine, great.

on next reboot it does the same thing... the bios jumper is set correctly (i checked and referred to the manual) so i give it another go, it seeems to set removable devices before hd, and sinc theres no floppy connected it stops ther (why it doesnt go to hd i ahve no idea). so i disable the ffloppy, instead of f10 i save custom defaults, then hit f10. now when i boot up it still goes to the please insert boot media, but if i hit ctrl+alt+del and reboot it the 2nd time it boots right to the hard drive.

an ideas how i can resolve this issue?

theres only 1 hd in the system, i disabled boot to floppy and the hd is set in priority over the cdrom. but it still says insert boot media, once i hit ctrl+alt+del and ti reboots it boots fine, except for that first boot. id reflash the bios but i donthaev a floppy drive (the bios is from 03 )

Back