• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I fried my Mobo....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jas

Yup, Mobo is DOA. I was reseating my NB block and apparently didn't have it at the righ tangle and ended up crushing on of the corners of the chip.

So, I Placed an order with Newegg today for anothe rmotherboard.

So, that was pretty cool...

My Wife bought me Crysis for Christmas, haven't gotten to see/play it yet...

However, the silver lining to this cloud is, I looks like I'll be ordering a 8800 GTS (G92) tomorrow. So I should have a replacement Mobo and new Vid card up and running by next week sometime.

i have crysis with an xfx 8800gts xxx 640mb and the grafics are unreal iv never seen any think like it
oh and sorry about your mb :(

That sucks!!....possibly.....I think you did it on purpose so that you had a reason to get a brand new MB:santa:

That's what my Wife said lol

I got the same mobo.

MSI P6N SLI Nforce 650i board. The only complaint i have abou tthe board is the stock NB cooler sucks for high OCs. Hence why I'm water cooling it. Other wise it's a nice board, ever clocks nicely, and at around $100 a pretty good deal.

I feel liek an idiot though, Firts tim eI've ever crushed a chip. It's the tiniest blemish on the NB, but enough to kill it.

I think this time I'll hard mount the NB block rather than use the spring retention mounts. What happened is one of the springs got caught on the bolt, and didn't eat down all the way, so when I was tightening down the other side th eangel was off, and it ended up chipping the corner of the chip.

Back