• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit ip35 or gigabyte p35 ds3 or asus p5k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxio098ui

hello, I'm in need of a new Mobo. i'm gonna sel by old p5n32 sli premium and want a good overclocking mobo to satisfy my speeding needs. now the three boards mentioned are on my list but i had a few questions. which is the best (best bios options, best ocability, features)and which version of the board should i get and why. like the ds3r or ds3L or ip35-e. plz help me with this hard decision

Well as I have had only experience with the abit ip35 pro my opinion is biased. It is a great board, alot of voltage options, been known to hit high fsb speeds with ease, nice construction, etc.

I havent had any problems with it yet and my system runs great!

have you tried swapping processors on your systems to see which was a better oc'er? in other words would the pro version be better than the e or vanilla for overclocking.

well the IP35-Pro is the best Abit P35 clocking board. i havent seen anyone with a IP35 or IP35-E modded board do 610mhz fsb. like the pro did here
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2244100&postcount=68

Have i tried, no i havent,why? cause the E6400 i have has a FSB wall of 480mhz so that would result in the same oc for both boards. since the IP35/IP35-E can do over 500mhz.

with vanilla i mean the normal ip35 right?
vanilla would be the IP35-E, as its the lowest end board. the IP35 and IP35-E use the same PCB though, only differences are firewire/raid. the IP35-Pro uses a tweaked layout for better ocing.

thx. was it easy to do?

well it was my first time soldering on a board or anything this small, and i thought it was pretty easy, just really really small have to be very careful when doing it not to short anything out. but I soldered it on, then with the pc on i adjusted the screw until i got desired voltage and droop with load and everything.

It helped stability alot and you dont have to crank the voltage up to compensate for the droop ethier.

Last edited:
Back