• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New MB to go with q6600 G0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sHape oF gReY

Best board to go along with a Q6600 and a 8800GT/GTS 512.

Well I've finally got fed up with 680i board and decided to sacrifice SLi for higher overclocks. So I'm stepping up one of my 8800GTs to a GTS in a few days, and save the 2nd for the coming months too see what happens. For now, looking for a new motherboard to play around with.

Any ideas?

I'd sugest a p35 board, I've had good luck with the p5k deluxe from asus, but most do very well with quads

Best board to go along with a Q6600 and a 8800GT/GTS 512.

Well I've finally got fed up with 680i board and decided to sacrifice SLi for higher overclocks. So I'm stepping up one of my 8800GTs to a GTS in a few days, and save the 2nd for the coming months too see what happens. For now, looking for a new motherboard to play around with.

Any ideas?

I'm in the same boat as you and I've narrowed it down between these two boards P5K Premium Black Pearl and the Maximus Formula. Already bought my 8800gts 512 all I need now is my mobo and decide between the Q6600 go and a Q9450 quad.Both these boards have good reps. I know it doesn't help make your mind up but at least it's some ideas.

If you can take your 880gts back I recommend doing so. Get the 8800GT, its better.

512mb gts is faster than gt, the 320/640 gts are both slower than either 512mb cards :), keep the gts you bought

Back