• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM H2O Blocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Last edited:
I would worry more about their construction than their restriction. Those look like Aluminum blocks, and they will not play well with copper.

This is a odd deal but if I can cool them with water, why put a noisy fan on them?
Why restrict your loop to the point that other components suffer? Why complicate the loop? Who said you had to have a noisy fan???

Guys thanks for the answers. I'm just looking at new RAM and I know that whatever I get it's going to have some voltage run through it and it needs to be cooled off to work how I want it. Never seen a H2O RAM block but looking at it doesn't look worth it, even though I have a abundance of flow in my system. Maybe if someone made a version that was less restrictive and made out of copper it would be a possibility.

I'll probably get a heatpipe/fin type heatsink and put another adjustable fan in the case to blow over them.

Bret

i'd use a copper plate and simply solder 1\2 inch pipe to it with 45 bends. Not too restrictive and pretty much free in some cases.

:D yes, a trip to the junk yard and hardware store :p But really that should make a great ram cooler for $5.

Oh so JDrake is finally getting into water mods!
i would say just get some regular heatsinks or get some hybrid heatsinks that can do both so if your gonna bench mark and bo for high clocks you can just take some tubing a pump and a bucket of distilled and run that while benching and then when you go back to normal then just have a fan blow on them

Back