• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of transplanting...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phantasm

Currently I'm in the process of brain storming a new install. The rig in my sig is in a Powder Coated Lial Li PC-A10B with a Swiftech MCP655, dual 120mm radiator, Swiftech Apogee and using .5" ID lines.

The case I'm thinking of switching to is this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112147

I'm going to rack mount it in a 24u enclosure with the rest of my pc/network gear. The case looks to be big enough to fit the components in my signature, what I'm asking for is some brainstorming ideas on water cooling. I may have to sell my current setup because of space limitations, or I may have to revert back to air. Any ideas?

Looks like you could mount a 120.2 radiator internally where the two "fans" are right behind the drive cages. Not the most ideal, but it looks liek it shoudl work. The pump would probably fit between the two drive cages. Probably be a little cramped in there though.

That was my thought as well, but I'm worried about the tubing being .5" ID. It would be awfully tight and difficult to route it.

Also, those 2 120mm's are the only intake fans for the case, if I block both of them with a radiator then i'm limited on fresh air for the passive heatsinks on the RAM and syste chipsets as well as the stock cooler on my 8800GTX.

Well, My suggestion woudl be to put in some REALLY high CFM fans, Panaflos for instances (rated at roughly 115 cfm). You put the monster fans in there and they will move the air.

click on my HTPC in my sig. That micro rad works well and cools my Dual core and my 1650xt just fine.

click on my HTPC in my sig. That micro rad works well and cools my Dual core and my 1650xt just fine.

That's nicely done. Would you mind telling me which pump that is? I currenly have an MCP655, Black Ice GT 240 radiator, Apogee Storm and .5" ID tubing. I think I would need to downsize some of the parts to fit it in there. Also, would need to see about a block for the 8800GTX then. WOuld it better to go with 3/8" ID tubing?

ETA: I see your in Philly, I spend alot of time in the NE Philly area. I live over in Holland though.

Last edited:
I also have an eVGA 8800GTX card and when I looked at Newegg's pictures I was concerned about the placement of the internal 120mm fan behind the 3.5 inch bay. Taking a look inside my case I noticed my card is 1 inch longer then the width of my full sized ATX motherboard and that fan seems to be right on the edge of where the motherboard would sit. Take a look at the screw hole placements.

It does look like its adjustable, seems like you can slide it horizontally but might not slide away enough for you to get your 8800GTX mounted, unless your 8800gtx uses the first and second open PCI slot. With my mobo the video card uses the 2nd and 3rd slot openings and it looks like it wouldnt clear the fan even if you slide it all the way towards the right.

Last edited:
Back