• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6300 on water...my WCing thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam__

I have been collecting watercooling parts gradually over the past three months and I got the last few bits from gd ol st.nick. Only one more part to get - the mains transformer from 240v to 110v for the pump wich is on order. cant wait :D

Setup:
Pump - Eheim 1250
CPU Block - Swiftech Storm
Nb Block - Swiftech MCW30
Radiator - Black Ice GTS-Lite 360 + 240 x 120 heatercore
Fans - 3 x 120mm Thermaltake 80CFM
Tubing - Generic 1/2" tubing
Misc - 1/2" barbs for spare + some jubilee clips

What dyu guys recon?
Would using the heatercore and the rad help with temps?
If I do use the heatercore what % of antifreeze will I need cos its AL?
I may in the future want to add a gpu block into the loop...will it be able to handle it?

Thanks in advance.

I think you rpump might be strained by that loop. two rads, and two blocks, your flow rate will probably suffer a bit. I would ditch the heatercore and use the Black Ice radiator only.

If you do decide to add in a GPU block later on, you might consider upgrading your pump. But it shoudl work just fine as long as you only use one radiator.

I think you rpump might be strained by that loop. two rads, and two blocks, your flow rate will probably suffer a bit. I would ditch the heatercore and use the Black Ice radiator only.

If you do decide to add in a GPU block later on, you might consider upgrading your pump. But it shoudl work just fine as long as you only use one radiator.

thanks...what pump would you suggest when/if i upgrade?

A Laing DDC/Swiftech MCP355 would be a good choice because your loop is very restrictive and that pump is very high head. The only problem is you will have to buy an aftermarket pump top so you can use 1/2" tubing.

A Laing DDC/Swiftech MCP355 would be a good choice because your loop is very restrictive and that pump is very high head. The only problem is you will have to buy an aftermarket pump top so you can use 1/2" tubing.

ill make sure I remember tht if i upgrade.

Do ya recon this could cope with a gpu block in the loop? cos im thinkin of getting a maze4/5

You could probably cope with it, but the storm is VERY restrictive and need a good amount of flow to perform well. Do you know anybody with a storm you could ask for further details?

That with only one rad it should be just fine with the GPU block. A Maze block isn't very restrictive.

You could probably cope with it, but the storm is VERY restrictive and need a good amount of flow to perform well. Do you know anybody with a storm you could ask for further details?

I cant say i know anyone with a storm but I made sure I got a pump with lots of head hearing that it was restrictive.....

Last edited:
hopefully I should have the transformer for the pump soon then Ill get some pics up for you guys...cos I kno ya love em.

Back