• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Dually P3 board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Even makes Julian Fries.

The board looks awesome, thanks. I was wondering about the other board at computergeeks.com made by Alton. Is that a good board? Or is it a cheapo as well?

i dunno about alton but the most tried and true method for duallies as been the VP6, it is extremely overlcoker friendly...

Thanks

Thanks! I guess i'll have to go with what you know.

The Abit is definately the best Home PC dual board out there. The ECS is pretty good too. Jon, one of our forums seniors as well as Kingslayer I believe have several dual intel P3 rigs between them so you might want to shoot them a PM to see what their impressions are of the boards they use.

PC-Chips is garbage. Please stay away from them. You will kick yourself forever for buying a board like that.

If you are convinced that you want a duallie system that is great. But this is the wrong type of system to go cheap. Get a decent board. Asus has a decent duallie board. I run an Abit VP-6 and love it. IWill also has a duallie board that uses DDR memory, but the gains from DDR on a PIII are negligeable.

Also make sure your chips are the same stepping whether it be cBo, cCo, or cDo. If you are going to overclock them, try and get chips from the same lot number and no more than 2 or 3 chips apart.

Back