• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help to decide on which motherboard to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

medo145

i'm building a new pc and it's going to have a q6600 in it. the question is which mobo to get. i want to go with a asus mobo. i see alot of p5k motherboards. which one will allow me to squeeze out the most out of the cpu.

p5k3 deluxe
p5k deluxe
p5k ws
p5k premium
p5k-e

thanks

thanks

Anybody else agree with w2richwood or does somebody think i should get a different one?

even the P5K-E can as well... also might want to consider the Abit IP35-Pro price to features vs the Prem/DLX boards, the IP35-Pro has more. its a matter of preference though, i dont like asus's bios so i tend to not use them. though you can see by my sig i have a asus and still have a old CUSL2-C board in the parts bin.

if you will only go with asus then get either the Prem or the DLX board.

which dlx

p5k3 deluxe
p5k deluxe

i noticed that they look pretty similar, is cooling the only thing that is different on it? i don't really care about raid. i don't know if motherboards have much effect on gaming, but i'm also planning on ocing the 3d card.

(i've had great experience with asus hardware, thats why i would like to stick with them)

i have already ordered the case so next step is to get the mobo.

thanks for the reply

the P5K3 dlx is the DDR3 board or hybrid board with both. avoid the hybrid boards they have issues..

good to know

would you then say p5k deluxe is the best choice out of all those?

what would be your non asus choice, and what does it offer that the asus one doesn't

p5k deluxe is more expensiveon newegg, but if you say that they are the same and that build quality is the only difference then i will go with premium if it is better.

i also plan on doing the 1333 fsb mod. i don't know 1 is better than the other for that

what would be your non asus choice, and what does it offer that the asus one doesn't

abit ip35 pro

125158.jpg

^^what he said and i said before in this thread... for the price and feature set the IP35-pro is a better board vs the asus p35 dlx/prem boards. the only standout feature the asus has is the voltage dampener option. even with that option enabled it still ocs just the same as the IP35-Pro. though i have yet to see a ss with a P35 asus board modded do 610mhz fsb, like the modded ip35-pro, you can find a link to that post in my sig.

^^what he said and i said before in this thread... for the price and feature set the IP35-pro is a better board vs the asus p35 dlx/prem boards. the only standout feature the asus has is the voltage dampener option. even with that option enabled it still ocs just the same as the IP35-Pro. though i have yet to see a ss with a P35 asus board modded do 610mhz fsb, like the modded ip35-pro, you can find a link to that post in my sig.

yeahthat.gif
I am about to do a build for client of mine with a Q6600, and being that I have read about a lot of people getting to 3.6 with that chip without problems, and considering he wants it OC'd, that is the board that I decided to get for him. He appeared to be happy with it. I also trust Abit a bit more than Asus, not sure why, but it might be the fact that the Abit I am running now has by far outlasted the old Asus.

the 6sata connectors are at a 90 degree angle on the bottom section below the atx/ide connector. yes thats the board i have been talking about he IP35-Pro.

i see you've responded in the other thread about the stepping, you think newegg has only g0s now or is there still a chance i would get one of the other ones, because i would like to order the mobo and the cpu next week.

i would say by now they better if they dont then they have supply issues from intel.

besides the PRICE what does the ip35 pro offer that the p5k premium dosent...

i dont care about a couple bucks more jsut want the better one...

wich would it be?? and waht makes one better then the other

Back