• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo normal temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nycballa89

Registered
I recently purchased an ASUS P5N-E SLI mobo from newegg seen here : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131142 and I was wondering what the normal temperature for it should be. The utilities on the disc it came with is giving me a warning when it hits 35 celsius. I thought it was a little low but I was wondering if that is a normal temp or am I over heating?
It usually runs at 35-38 celsius.

If I am over heating it, please give suggestions or links of where I can buy heatsinks/fans/etc ....

System stats : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz
4GB GSkill RAM
GeForce 8600GT vid card
250GB Western Digital HD
600W OCZ power supply

Last edited:
what part is running at that temp, northbridge, southbridge, videocard, cpu, ambient case temp? If that is the cpu temp it sounds normal for a core-two and amazing for a prescott, but it rele depends on what proccesor you have as to what the "normal temp" is.

I believe the MB temp probe is located next to the first PCI-E slot, adjacent to the NB. 36C MB temp is definitely nothing to worry about, especially in that area of the board. You can compare the reading in PC Probe with that in the Hardware Monitoring section of the BIOS, and also adjust the limit in PC Probe as to when you're warned about excessive MB temp. I'd probably just up the warning temp limit to around 45-50C, and / or stick a small fan on the NB HS if you're concerned about it.

Get yourself a hair blower/dryer from your mom or GF or wifey, start blowing around the mobo while watching the MB temp indicator, you can easily find that temperature sensor spot.

Switching between hot and cold air can speed up the process.

Back