• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5VD2-VM overclocking problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_dark_ness

Hello fellas.i have the following PC:Intel [email protected],Asus P5VD2-VM,2 gb ddr2@667mhz Kingmax,Asus 7300gt ddr3,1xPATA WS 80gb and 1xWD Sata2 200gb.I have the following problem:When i try to overclock the cpu from freqeuncy/voltage menu the max value is 232mhz(this means 1.8ghz for my cpu).After rising this value my Sata HDD dissappear from WindowsXp PRO sp2 and the bios report it with a weird name.Random when i increase the value to 232 my computer refuses to boot and the pc speakers made 1 long beep and 2 short beep.
How can i make to overclock my cpu at least 2ghz?

is the PCI-Express bus locked to your FSB? sounds like it to me. Can you lock it to 100Mhz?

I dont't have such an option in Bios.i have only Async Cpu/PCIE Clock option with 2 option to choose:Async Mode and Sync Mode.By default is Async Mode.

Is there a hacked bios with some more overclocking option for this motherboard?
In the motherboard book said i can overclock up to 300mhz fsb but max value is 232 to me.Please help me.I give you a virtual :beer:

Back