• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5E temps ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ricksimm

I have P5E and it had BIOS 0107 (initial release version). PC Probe II gave me a CPU temp around 32C. I upgraded to BIOS to version 0502. Now PC Probe gives me a CPU temp of 7C. Any ideas about this problem or the source for a different utility that reads temps correctly?

What temp is shown in the Hardware Monitoring section of the BIOS? You might want to try v4.33 of SpeedFan...

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

... or the latest Beta release 4.34 beta 36. You'll need to register in order to download the Beta, although a number of fixes have been integrated into this release.

ASUS 0502 BIOS shows CPU temp in white letters as 7C. Shows MB at 27C. Speedfan 4.33 shows CPU at either 0C or -1C and shows MB at 27C. The original BIOS (v0107) showed CPU at 33C and MB at 27C.

The 0502 release notes on the ASUS website state that the temperature algorithm was "finetuned." I guess that means that someone "finetuned" it out of existence! I have notified ASUS "black hole" tech support about this problem.

mine ATM was showing 19c CPU and 35c Mobo. I have not update any BIOS yet. Just finished building it yesterday. When i am gaming, the mobo temp went north of 45c???? Impossible, i have fans going at it.

also my RAID 0 setup result is very dissappointing.

HD tach shows dip in 20mb/s onthe first 10gb, WTF???

As I stated previously, I flashed BIOS from 0107 to 0502. On the ASUS support site there exists an earlier 0501 BIOS that is before the ASUS fine tune on CPU temps. Is it dangerous to re-flash backwards one version from 0502 to 0501 to see if my CPU temp problems go away? Thanks.

Go to version 402.

502 has had problems since its release, you can check on their forum too if you wish but don't think the problems have been fixed. :beer:

i currently have version 0207, I can't change voltage settings. I also have been unable to emulate floppy using a USB drive. I want to update to 0402 but i can't cause the size is too big for normal floppy. The Asus update tool is not working. Any suggestion?

Last edited:
Per info from ASUS, I did the following. Install ASUS Update Utility. Start the utility and from the drop down choose "Options." In the options section, choose "BIOS Downgrade." This stops the Version error message. Go back to the drop down and select upgrade from file. Browse to the BIOS ROM file you want- select it- then click on FLASH. It worked for me. I downgraded from 0502 to 0501 and now my temps read correctly. Use at your own risk!

Back