• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

Looking for a new mobo for Dice/LN2.

Not sure what I want.....but Voltmodding my P5K premium is becoming a huge burden, and not sure I want to continue on that particular endeavor. Ill prob give 1 more try this evening, and if I cant get that stinkin Vcore mod up and running, Ill prob run on 1.66V (most I can get without a Vmod) and call it a day.

Abit IP35 Pro comes to mind as a great, proven board. Does it matter which revision? I have read that the only problem with this board is a huge Vdroop, but its easily corrected with what appears to be a simple Vmod. Any other issues with this board?

Any other mobos that would work well and are proven sub-zero OCers?

Would it be best to wait for some others with results on x38/x48?

Thanks!!

Hmmm...TY James :) I will look into that one.

Also, if there is a board that supports SLI that would be great as well.

I know that the Asus Striker is SLI.....any other of the higher end OCing boards SLI?

I wont run SLI regularly, but would like an SLI board for benching purposes. Once the new 9XXX series of Nvidia GPUs come out, the 8800 GTX prices are going to plummet and Im sure they will be readily available for CHEAP on forums.

Thx again :)

Back