• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Performance Change from 590i to 650i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[UCF]YellowDart

Registered
Yesterday I had a Foxconn 590i motherboard and an AMD X2 4000+ OCd from 2ghz to 2.66Ghz. Vista 64bit Experience index of 5.9 for my Corsair 2GB 8500C5 memory.

Now I am using the ASUS P5N-E SLI 650i motherboard and a Q6700, with the same Corsair 2GB 8500C5 memory, but Vista 64bit only rates the memiry at 5.3 now.

Is there that much of a performance loss going from 590i to 650i, or is the ASUS not setting up my memory correctly?

ASUS board is set to run Linked 1:1 1066mhz for FSB and Memory.

5-5-5-15-21-2T @ 2.178V

Your memory bandwidth is a little lower because AMD systems have better memory controllers.

And you didn't have a 590i, as that would imply it was for an Intel system. Also your FSB:RAM is 1:2 because DDR is doubled, and Intel's FSBs are quad pumped.

well its not that they have better... its better in he sense that its on the cpu and not on the NB. considering the small difference of NB/MC vs IMC/CPU, intels isnt that bad. also core 2 is very eff with ram bandwidth, which is why you dont see big gains with more bandwidth.

Your memory bandwidth is a little lower because AMD systems have better memory controllers.

And you didn't have a 590i, as that would imply it was for an Intel system. Also your FSB:RAM is 1:2 because DDR is doubled, and Intel's FSBs are quad pumped.

Sorry, I meant 590 not 590i...

Anyways, the problem wasnt the controller being on the CPU vs on the mobo, it was just my motherboard's AUTO settings for my ram were way off.

After adjusting the memory from 5-5-5-18 to 5-4-4-14-2T with and changing tRC from AUTO to 20 and twTR from AUTO to 10 I am now back to 5.9

Back