• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to water cooling - Need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmers

I want to get into the world of water cooling but don't know where to start. I have a brand new PC and would love to overclock it. I've oc'd all my others PC's in the past and am sick of the noise that comes with it. Right now the stock Intel cooler is very quiet. Can I get a water cooling setup that will be the same noise level or lower? I have never overclocked videocards so I'm not sure if I would need water cooling on them. I'm more concerned on cpu and chipset.
Does anyone have any recommended parts at a decent price?
My specs area in my signature, thanks!

Some people actually water cool to make their computer quiet. You can simply get some very quiet 120mm fans on a rad. Those ATI cards can't be quiet though...they will be much louder than the watercooling done right.

yes you will need some fan on your rad ... i used those one and they are quiet

fan-379.jpg

link

Here we go with suggestion

Pump : swiftech mcp655 with speed control

ex-pmp-27.jpg

Radiator : Swiftech mcr220

ex-rad-126.jpg

cpu block : d-tek fusion

sidewindercomputers_1978_2240323.gif

Vga block : Ek radeon full cover

ex-blc-418.jpg

now a fillport and t line

ex-res-45.jpg
ex-tub-14.jpg

Tubing : Tygon Anti-Kink 1/2" ID (5/8" OD) Tubing

and some hose clamp ...

ex-tub-135.jpg

and don t forget the most important part of this wonderfull set up ... the coolant : Swiftech Green UV Reactive HydrX Coolant

ex-liq-02.jpg

so now you will be able to build a descent quiet water coolled computer ...

Back