• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a cheap mobo works with Celery 1.0G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

I need a very cheap mobo that is guarantee to work with celeron 1Ghz, with isp slot will be better. I am building a computer for my friend, and since he is a total computer idiot, i dont need boards with fancy features and blazing speed, just need it to be stable. thanx.

Cheap AND stable? You're not asking for too much ;)

When you find it let me know.

In the meantime the Abit VH6-II or VH6T would work. I would recommend other brands, but Abit is the cheapest of the decent boards I'd recommend; everything else costs more.

Actually, i saw lots cheap mobos at justdeals, but since i am having some very very unpleasant experiences with them i will skip the ship. i also saw some "aopen" boards at Axontech..i mean absolute ridiculous low price:eek: and they seem fine! It appears that aopen is the king of cheap....uh..anyone owns AOPEN:AX34 PRO II? i need to know if it is compatible with Celern 1.0Ghz,uh..and its performance. thanx

Everyboard is mainly stable.

Just buy him any board that will support a Celeron you will most likely run into a name like Asus no matter what.

tainice said:
Actually, i saw lots cheap mobos at justdeals, but since i am having some very very unpleasant experiences with them i will skip the ship. i also saw some "aopen" boards at Axontech..i mean absolute ridiculous low price:eek: and they seem fine! It appears that aopen is the king of cheap....uh..anyone owns AOPEN:AX34 PRO II? i need to know if it is compatible with Celern 1.0Ghz,uh..and its performance. thanx

Hi tainice,

I just looked it up on the Aopen site and the board looks very promising!! And YES it supports Celeron Coppermine 1 GHz according to the official Aopen webpage!

Hope that helps! Get the board if it's that cheap!

Regards

Ingo

Back