• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back to watercooling, need tips.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeCrappa

Well...I think it might be time to get BACK into watercooling (despite the fact that I JUST bought an OCZ Vendetta, no matter).

I've been doing a lot of reading about kits (I know I know, custom is better, but I'd rather have a kit to work from and upgrade from there) and I stumbled upon the Swiftech h2o 220 APEX-GT and it looks promising.

My question is, if you HAD to start out with a kit, which one would you get? Knowing that you're eventually going to upgrade certain parts. Is this an ideal kit to get? I'll probably be staying with it for a while and then upgrade the rad to something better.

Also, I'm going to be upgrading my case, as I know the one I have isn't going to be big enough. I like to tinker a lot and my OCZ PSU's cables are VERY hard to work around (they're rather stiff) so if you can recommend me a case that's relatively cheap and easy to work with, like the Cooler Master CM690, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Bottom line: Swiftech h2o 220 GT-APEX + Cooler Master CM690 = OK?

Any suggestions, comments and opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance, it's good to be back (been here since 2001 doing mini fridge cooling @ 12C, but had a falling out)

Jaime

For a kit, that one is nice.

What are you cooling? Just the CPU? What kind & what clock speeds are you aiming for?

As far as kits have come, things have changed a little. That kit you mention is what allot of people may put together themselves custom. It wuld be a great place to start.

Back