• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-P35-DS3L With E2160

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blade765

Registered
Ok I am a confused noob on overclocking this thing. I have been reading on how easy it is with this combo to get 3.0 but I must be doing something wrong. I went into bios and setCPU Frequency to 333x9 it will boot and post fine but when i run cpu-z it will say 2997 with multiplier of 9 then quickly change to 1998 with multiplier at 6. Is there something I need to turn on or off that is causing this?

the multi drops cause of EIST its a power saving feature of the cpu. you can disable it in the bios so that it stays at 9x but if your computer isnt running full load 24/7,just leave it enabled.

the multi drops cause of EIST its a power saving feature of the cpu. you can disable it in the bios so that it stays at 9x but if your computer isnt running full load 24/7,just leave it enabled.

yuhuh

Thats great thanks for the replies cant believe i actually did it LOL!

Back