• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cryptic settings, we need to compile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

a list of settings and their meanings, as these questions get asked more now than any other time in history.
What do all these thingys mean, like cpu overvoltage ctrl, and all the other "hidden" meanings. I don't understand why they want to call the usual settings something else...I assume that is has to do with noob's getting into the wrong settings, but what about all the hardcore people out there who want to change a little here and there, but because of the different names to familliar settings they don't have a clue where to start.
When I get time, I will experiment with all the settings that I don't understand, and I will compile board specific list of cryptic settings and their TRUE meanings.
I will start with I have at hand...gig's p35-ds3r.
Once we get enough settings from different boards, we can then make it a sticky, and hopefully make a few enthusiasts happy in overclocking bliss.
What do ya think? good idea? or has it been done already?
Happy new year,
Doc

thanks and happy new years to you and all the oc team and members doc sounds good to me may save few people some headaches
Rich

Last edited:
Great idea... will certainly save a lot of searching to have it all in one place. Get's my vote.

Back