• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ancalime

Well just today I won an "IP35" motherboard on Ebay. Only when I checked out the pictures it is actually an IP35-E. I admit, I probably should have looked at the pictures more carefully, but I was very tired when I was bidding and only read the title and a bit of the description.

I asked the seller if I could retract my bid but he said if I back out I would owe him $7 and a postive feedback score. I don't know about you but I'm not about to become his b***h and pay $7 for nothing. I might as well just pay for the damn thing but I am just furious that the title didn't mention it was the "E" model instead of the vanilla Dark Raider model.

Here is a link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=250199948722&_trksid=p3984.cWON.m313.lVI

I mean look at it, even the specifications he posted matches those of the Dark Raider model. What can/should I do here?

Thanks. :)

Firstly it never says anywhere that it is the value edition of the IP35 motherboard. Yes the picture tells you it is not but its also a stock photo not a picture of the item he is selling. So you do not have to pay. I hate people that try to mislead on ebay (like listing flatscreens in the LCD section when its a CRT monitor)

If you mutually agree to not finish the sale then he can relist for free and just pay the listing fees...and get a FVF (or final value fee) credit . Total for both auctions should be less then a dollar.

Firstly it never says anywhere that it is the value edition of the IP35 motherboard. Yes the picture tells you it is not but its also a stock photo not a picture of the item he is selling. So you do not have to pay. I hate people that try to mislead on ebay (like listing flatscreens in the LCD section when its a CRT monitor)

If you mutually agree to not finish the sale then he can relist for free and just pay the listing fees...and get a FVF (or final value fee) credit . Total for both auctions should be less then a dollar.

Yeah I absolutely despise it too. I am not planning to pay, I mean I have no need for low end P35 boards. I emailed the seller again pointing out how his title and description matches up PERFECTLY with the Dark Raider model and hopefully he will agree to call off this transaction.

If he does not, contact eBay and tell them you had been scammed, which is what you were. Pictures say nothing. Just like when people were listing 360 BOXES and people were buying them off the picture.

Refuse payment, refuse to bend over backwards for the guy. Contact eBay and tell them what happened. If they refuse to do anything for you, give the guy his $7 and leave neutral feedback.

i wouldn't even give $7 to the guy.
make sure next time you ask questions. it is better to double check before you bid than getting into those kind of situations.
i wouldn't pay since the product is not what the title + description state. he is describing a better product than he is actually selling. it is a scam. complain to ebay and don't pay that fool

Yeah. I wouldn't pay even $7 to cover this guys error either. His feedback shows that he may have done something similiar to another, and he was an ****** in how he replied to that buyers feedback with negative feedback.

Now, blarf, about eBay and asking the seller questions: I usually ask questions if I am unsure about something, but I have never, and will never ask if the item is "really the item listed , or is it something similiar, but different?" Frankly, to suggest that someone should have to ask that is silly. Sure, doing so may have prevented this situation, but most likely the seller would reply with a curt "Yes. Of course it is." :rolleyes:

Thanks guys for the replies. Fortunately the seller and I exchanged back and forth emails for hours and at the end we both agreed to just mutually end the transaction and we both wished each other a Happy New Year. All is well. :)

His item description content should have said -E no doubt, but if you look at the two pictures in the listing you'll see 'IP35-E in the second one. So it was there somewhere but the description was misleading. Just don't bid when you're tired again! At least he was nice enough to withdraw the bid.

Now, blarf, about eBay and asking the seller questions: I usually ask questions if I am unsure about something, but I have never, and will never ask if the item is "really the item listed , or is it something similiar, but different?" Frankly, to suggest that someone should have to ask that is silly. Sure, doing so may have prevented this situation, but most likely the seller would reply with a curt "Yes. Of course it is." :rolleyes:

yea, i usually don't either but if i would have seen a picture of the box that says ip35-e and the guys was selling a ip35......anyways.......he got it resolved which is all that matter

Back