• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New power supplys not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuPeR - DaOKeN

I had just bought a 1.4ghz thuderbird with a ecs mb and i got a new case also it had 300 watts power i hooked every thing up and the fan was tourning but nothing else was coming on no drives hard drive nothing so i thought something was wrong with the mb and i took it back i then got ma money back and here comes the messed up part lol they sale was over so i could not get that board and cpu cobo anymore so i was forced to get the 1.1ghz duron and epox mb is that good? . . . .i hooked taht up and the same thing happend so then i was thinkin like damn i suck lol then i asked soem people and one guy said that is was my power supply that was messed up and i was like damn i just bought it and it jus tmade me mad cause i gave up a 1.4ghz thuder bird thinking it was broke but is it heard of for a new case/power supply to be messed up out the box?? thanks for the replys and sorry about the grammer and stuuf i am not to found of wasting my time with that lol

Hi SuPeR - DaOKeN, welcome to the Forum,
You have got a new Cpu, Mobo & Case + Power Supply, and when you turn on the system, you can hear only a fan, nothing else, is it right?
The fan continue to work, or turn on for a second and after turn off? If turn off, can be a Bios setting that prevent to damage the Cpu, if a HeatSink Fan Rpm signal is not detected, so you have to press 'Del' at boot up to enter into the Bios, and check for this setting.

I hope it helps you ;)

Back