• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No POST P5K Vanilla

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

Running a P5K Vanilla - voltmodded (Vdroop-pencil, Vcore/Vmch/Vdimm/Vpll and all 4 measure points) Q6600, EVGA 8800 GTX, Corsair HX620W, 2 X 1 GB PC8500 Crucial Ballistix.

Cooling Dragon Evo 2.4 on dice.

At the time of the last actual working moment Vcore 1.88, Vdimm 2.7, Vmch 1.8, Vpll 2.1

I was in BIOS, and it froze. Powered down and restarted. No POST. (this board has an auto clear CMOS on any bad OC). Tried again....and again. No POST.

Cleared CMOS manually. No POST :(

Pulled CMOS battery. Waited like 5 mins. Replaced battery. No POST :(

Pulled the battery again. Have read before that sometimes it needs to stay for awhile (hour or so?)?

Did I fry my board overvolting it?

Something else?

Well, that was a relatively easy fix......

Bum RAM. I should have finished testing before I started a thread I guess :p

Replaced the RAM with 2 sticks of the same and POST right away.

Guess I burned either 1 or 2 GB of perfectly good PC8500 CBs :(

I knew I was running a risk...Ive heard they die. Good thing DDR2 is like dirt cheap and gonna get cheaper :)

2.7volts will do that my friend :)
Hope you have a big @$$ fan on them or you'll cook two more in short order.

Went lower on the Vdimm.....Just working on CPU-Z shots at the moment so went to stock on all mem settings.

Got a single 80mm fan stuck on top. Also have an OCZ memory cooler/fan thingee, but I personally think the plan fan works better :)

Back