• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K Deluxe/E6850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chizzer

Hey Guys,

I have this running 100% stable at 3.6 and ram running 961 , I was trying to get it to run abit higher but seem to blue screen at about 3.65... I tried bumping the vcore up to 1.45 and no change.. what other settings would I need to adjust to try and get say 3.7 or even 3.8 out of it..

Right now with 3.6ghz on prime/orthos and core temp under 100% load I run around the 35-45 range depending on room temp....

Thanks

Try dropping the ram back while you are looking for a better cpu result. It just takes it right out of the equation, until you get the cpu to where you want it. (esp seeing [I assume] you are running 4 x sticks)

Try dropping the ram back while you are looking for a better cpu result. It just takes it right out of the equation, until you get the cpu to where you want it. (esp seeing [I assume] you are running 4 x sticks)

Sorry I forgot to update that, I am using only 2 sticks of ram now for 2 gigs, sold the other pairs off...

I tried dropping the ram down, I am running on a 1:1 ratio right now...that didn't seem to help.. the ram I have is 1066 so "technically" the ram speed should be ok shoud it not? I think it's something with the volts that might be holding me back?

Hey Guys,

I have this running 100% stable at 3.6 and ram running 961 , I was trying to get it to run abit higher but seem to blue screen at about 3.65... I tried bumping the vcore up to 1.45 and no change.. what other settings would I need to adjust to try and get say 3.7 or even 3.8 out of it..

Right now with 3.6ghz on prime/orthos and core temp under 100% load I run around the 35-45 range depending on room temp....

Thanks

I have a similar setup (E6750/P5K-E WiFi AP) and i can't get stable on reasonable voltages beyond 3.6 either. I've tried everything including bumping vcore to 1.6 (ouch in the BIOS, not in CPU-z) and I got to 3.71 but theres no way I'm running those volts for very long. I'm satisfied with 3.6 from an E6750 but I can see why you might want a little more from your chip.

Here are some suggestions which you might have already tried already but humour me anyway.
1) If you've tightened timings down on your Ballistix 1066 because you're underclocking at 961 then loosen them to stock settings (5 5 5 12/15 off the top of my head I think). No need to loosen beyond stock though cos your memory is some of the best around and can handle way over 1066 anyway at stock. It should make CL4 at 961 though but it's worth a try.
2) Knock your memory off the auto setting and manually add the stock voltage settings (from crucial).
3) You might have your northbridge voltage on auto so try setting at 1.55 for stability.
4) Make sure you disable C1E and Speedstep and enable your load line calibration to counter vdroop a little. Whilst on that subject if your BIOS is at v901 then the board experiences heavy vdroop there apparantly 602 is better (i dont have this problem though). Vdroop serves a purpose but removing it can help stability. Theres always the pencil mod if you want to try it.
5) You could set your PCI-E to 100 (you can get fractionally higher but I wouldn't)
6) Generally if you take off all your auto settings and replace with actual settings it should aid stability.

Don't burn any circuitry but I hope you manage to get it higher. I personally think 3.6 is good going on air. Just as a suggestion your 8800GTS 640 will probably oc some. Theres the next project eh? he he

Back