• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm getting a head ache over cross fire and sli

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazerico

Registered
so a motherboard is either made for cross fire or sli?

example AW9D-MAX
http://www.uabit.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=48&page=2&model=326
does it mean that motherboard only does sli? bu tno cross fire? or you can do it with any mother board capable of handeling two GPU?
Thank you.
ium so new to overclocking and videocard.
but i learned alot so far. but got long ways to go.
i got a P5B-VM Rev 1.xx with a E6600 max i can get out of it is 2.53 but im not worried about it yet cause im looking for a mother board that will handle crossfire.
i like sli but the Nvidia is a lil bit out of my price range.

oh and by the way i only got like like 5 hours to bid on that mother board.
AW9D-MAX

in theory they and sli mobo can do xfire and a xfire mobo can do sli but with drivers it only allows sli on a sli mobo and xfire on a xfire mobo...

there were some modded drivers for the 7 series to do sli on a xfire mobo but they were unstable at best

Thank you. i guess thats not the mobo for me. cause i do see how nice Nvidia can be but for some reason im more into ati

Back