• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus and RAID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stilletto

I posted this in the storage forum but wanted more eyes on it...

Ok, so I have a 2xRaptor 150 in RAID 0. The array is about 1 day old. I was playing Crysis and paused the game to go figure out what the damn dog was barking about....came back about 10 min and found the computer on the boot screen. Restarted and on the Intel Raid screen it only recognized one drive and said of course that the array had failed. Turned off the computer and checked the connections (they seemed ok, wiggled them a little) then turned back on and everything is fine. Verified the array and all seems well.
I have had so many issues with this MOBO that this really doesn't suprise me, but is this common? What could have caused this I wonder....It almost makes me want to sell one raptor and just go back to 1 if this is a common occurance with RAID 0....or this board....

Results of the Verification: Number of errors:0
Number of blocks reasigned due to errors:0

Why would you put the blame on the MB, or "wonder if this is a common occurance with RAID 0", since you obviously had a loose / bad connection at one of your HDD's? If you haven't already, try replacing the SATA cables to the drives.

Why would you put the blame on the MB, or "wonder if this is a common occurance with RAID 0", since you obviously had a loose / bad connection at one of your drives? If you haven't already, try replacing the SATA cables to the drives.

I never said I had a loose connection? I said I wiggled them a little to make sure, they seemed tight to me:confused:

Back