• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1066 memory with p5n?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigSurprise

Hey, I was just looking, and I saw evidence that my mobo to-be (p5n) won't support my 1066 memory. Is this true? http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=727&num=1 states that it only supports "DDR2 800/667/533" Does this mean that my memory will only be running at 800? Is there anyway besides buying a new mobo to allow my memory to run at its native 1066? I feel like i just wasted my money buying 1066 memory, if my mobo doesnt even support it...
Thanks for your help in advance.

It may not "Officially" support speeds above 800mhz, but in that very article it said...."Using air-cooling, we also had no problems pushing the E6400 CPU to 3.00GHz with the OCZ memory running at DDR2-1125MHz speeds"

You do have the P5n-E, right?

It may not "Officially" support speeds above 800mhz, but in that very article it said...."Using air-cooling, we also had no problems pushing the E6400 CPU to 3.00GHz with the OCZ memory running at DDR2-1125MHz speeds"

You do have the P5n-E, right?

yeah, well, its in the mail still. My RAM was backordered, so it should ship today, wed at the latest (or so they say....). I didnt read the whole article, just the fact that it said my board doesnt support the 1066, and it had me worried.

Back