• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unscrewing IP35 Pro Mobo Screws/Standoffs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vorped

Registered
Ok, well I recently decided to buy an IP35 Pro mobo for a new build I was making. Well, my stock Q6600 HS & Fan was just being a bit weird for me, so I thought I would replace it with my Zalman HS & Fan. The Zamlan HS/Fan was kinda hard to install, so I decided to unscrew the mobo screws to get the motherboard out. They didn't come out completely, but I could still take the motherboard out. Honestly, I don't really know what happened, but I was able to take the mobo out, and the standoffs were attached to the mobo, and the screws were loosely attached to the mobo/standoffs. So anyways, I installed the new HS/Fan, and I put the mobo back in the case. I have no clue how to unscrew the screws now. I just keep trying to unscrew and unscrew the screws, but they just don't come out (they're a little loose). So anyways, I need a way to get the standoffs back in the case holes, so my mobo can be attached to the case. I tried to line up all of the standoffs with the case holes, but it was pretty much impossible to line all of them up, so I'm thinking that the only way to get the mobo back in is to unscrew all of the screws, and get the standoffs out. Then I could just screw in each screw/standoff and everything should be fine (you know, when you first get a new mobo and are trying to put it in the case). Thanks for bothering to read this :). If you could help, please do :D.

Ok, I think I know what happened. I think I over tightned the screws that went through the mobo into the standoffs, or something like that. Does anyone have a fix?

If I have this right, the screws are attached to the standoffs and motherboard while both are out of the case and you are having problems lining up all of this while putting it back into the case? Use a pair of needle nose pliers or something small to hold the standoffs while you detach them from the screws (screw driver/ needle nose together) when the mobo is out of the case. Then re-assemble as you normally would putting the standoffs in first, aligning the mobo and attaching screws. (If I'm reading your situation correctly)

Thanks so much! It was so stupid of me to forget to use the needlenose pliers and screwdriver combo lol. Thanks for kicking sense back into me :)

Back