• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI devider on ABIT BE6 II V 2.0 and some other strange stuff...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PsycoPhreak

I figured I'd post this to see if anyone else has found this little bug with this board...

We all know that the PCI devider can be set to either 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4..no problem there, but, I have this board as well as 2 of my friends, I noticed a few days ago while messing around with the SOFTMENU III settings that setting the PCI devider to ANYTHING had absolutely NO effect on the ACTUAL setting, meaning...

On my board, i got an Intel P III 800e ( which I can run at 1 gig no prob...heh heh), but, at stock setting, the board should be set for 100 MHz FSB, 1/2 AGP and 1/3 PCI. heres the bug...

Using the softmenu, i have set the PCI devider to all the settings available and no matter what its set to, it remains at 1/4 (thanks to Sisoft SANDRA for the info), I have flashed every available version of the bios from the first release up to the newest (and even went a step further and flashed the bios for the BX-133...same board, just socket version...)ALL the same results!!!

so, i decided to check it out with my friends systems as well....theirs too, showed the PCI devider at 1/4 no matter what the setting was in the softmenu. now granted, using the DIP switches results in the PCI devider being correct at 1/3.

I am thinking that the bios must have a serious bug, (seeing that the switches enable the 1/3 timing fine). I wanted to see if anyone else with this board has the same prob seeing that THREE motherboards over here do!

If so, I think a BIOS fix is in order which brings me around to my second prob...the HPT370 RAID controller.

Seems as though the only way to update the bios for the controller is to update the bios for the motherboard itself no?.....yup...only way, i have tried to update the HIGHPOINT controller using their bios flash prog and ABITS "hotrod" bios updater to no success. HIGHPOINT says that I have to get the update from the motherboard manufacturer...last bios revision given for the HPT370 embedded in the ABIT bios is "v1.0.3b" whereas Highpoints latest release is "v1.2.0612"...dang it, i need the update too, seeing that if i enable my computers suspend mode and have the hard drive shut down enabled as well, I loose the array!!! (same thing on my other 2 friends systems too)....I think ABIT should address these issues, but...over 30...yes..you read right..THIRTY!!!!! E-Mails to them and a few months later and not a SINGLE response. Abits about to loose a once loyal customer....Anyway, Anyone else have these or other weird probs with their BE6 II v2.0 or BX 133? if so...

LETS LET ABIT KNOW, WE NEED AN UPDATE!!!...heh heh heh

Last edited:
I duno about the PCI devider, but I too want to have the latests HPT370 bios updates.
hehe in the the latest BIOS I have 1.13GB(133) cpu hmmm this can be only Tualatin that won't work on that mobo, or this is for 850mhz @ 1.133 .
They didn't answered my e-mails too.

From what I know, Sandra does not report the PCI divider correctly. I gatherd this information while reading posts about the Epox 8K7A, a lot of ppl were getting very high fsbs and wondered if there was a 1/5 PCI divider.

have a BE6II2.0 running at 160mhz with the 1/4 divider set in the bios. I tried setting it to 1/3 and my SCSI card crapped out. Maybe the PCI divider setting does work.

As for the Highpoint BIOS, I have a Iwill raid card which uses the Highpoint chip. I did not notice give any performance increase with later versions of the bios. Together with the latest drivers, it just solved the stuttering mouse and audio problems with the VIA southbridge. To make matter worst, I lost my array after flashing to the new bios. Luckily, I ghosted my data b4 the flash.

I would welcome new bios releases from Abit too but I think it is customary for them to stop bios updates for mobos that has been out for some time.

Back