• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new mobo no boot, beeps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

terran2k

I have a foxconn p35a motherboard that i just bought onilne.
I put the cpu in, its a pentium 4 640 CPU. cpu is good as it just took it out of my other mobo. I hook up power, cpu, 1 stick of memory and video. I press power, but it just beeps...aka beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, really fast and loud, about 3 loud beeps a second, just continously. I pull the video and memory, it does the same thing. What do you think??
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_spec.aspx?ID=en-us0000312
thats the link to the mobo. could it be a bad mobo?

side note, i dont have the 8 socket power connector, only the 4socket for the12V to the CPU, could that cause the problem? manual said i can use the 4 if i do not have an 8 socket one.

thanks.

Last edited:
is the 4 pin connector from your p/s keyed to only fit one way into the 8 pin cpu socket on your mobo? could you have the connector plugged into the wrong 4 pins of the 8 pin connector? if i picture it right in my head, 4 pins could plug into 8, 4 different ways. (start at one end and jump one pin to the right for each position.)

from Foxconn

Beep Codes-------->Means…

No beeps-------->Short, no power, bad CPU or motherboard, or the CPU is not installed properly.

One long beep, then two short beeps-------->Video problem

Continuous hi-lo beeps-------->CPU overheating

Repeated long beeps-------->Memory error

All other beeps-------->Memory related error

yeah I am thinking its memory related, need to find a stick of ddr 667.

yeah its the memory, borrowed some and it booted up, my new set should be in here in a few days.

is the 4 pin connector from your p/s keyed to only fit one way into the 8 pin cpu socket on your mobo? could you have the connector plugged into the wrong 4 pins of the 8 pin connector? if i picture it right in my head, 4 pins could plug into 8, 4 different ways. (start at one end and jump one pin to the right for each position.)

There is only 1 way you can put it in :) even if it's a 4pin into an 8pin connector :) Since it's built to be fool-proof

Back