• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI P35-T2R/S - Review/Pics/Info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadin

Just ordered the DFI P35-T2R/s motherboard from MotherboardPro featured here. So far that's the only place I've found that has the board available, I've been stalking it there for a few weeks now to be the center of my new build.

I'll post pictures, screenshots, and information in this thread in case anyone's interested. A lot of people are all about X38 and Crossfire, but for those of us not caring about dual-GPUs, I think this board might be a winner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The box contents for this model were modest, giving just the basics. User manual, I/O Backplate, SATA RAID Floppy, Driver CD, IDE Cable, Floppy Cable, two SATA cables, and a SATA power adapter.

The board layout, however, is excellent. The first thing I noticed was that it's using 100% solid capacitors. The PCI-Express x16 slot is neighbored by the seldom-used x1 slots, leaving plenty of breathing room for the (as of this time) more useful three PCI slots. Below those is the Floppy connector (bad location, but if you need it using the rounded cable provided you could make it work), three USB headers, and the standard Power/Reset buttons found on the Lanparty line.

The board has a total of five fan headers, including the CPU fan. Two of these are located very near the north and southbridge chips, allowing easy upgrade to active cooling from the standard passive that's included with the board. The mosfets are also passively cooled around the CPU socket.

On the back panel there's a CMOS clear jumper, which is also mirrored on the board itself. This motherboard also uses DFI's EZ clear, where you can depress the power and reset buttons to also clear CMOS.

UPDATE: BIOS screenshots are up. For those of us that have owned DFI Lanparty boards before, the sight is fairly familiar. Once again, DFI gives an almost oppressive amount of DRAM options. The board allows CPU Clock settings between 200 and 700.

Last edited:
More BIOS screenshots:

First run of 3DMark06, this is at 11x250=2.75GHz. Temps top out at 60C on the stock cooler so I can't go any higher until the rest of my cooling gear shows up.

Last edited:
I think you may be right in your assessment.
I seriously coinsidered the board a few months ago when considering an upgrade from my Asus P5K dekuxe. Here in the UK DFI boards seem to be very difficult to locate. George (Eva) has run a few threads DFI Intel Motherboard I must admit iu've been following the DFI Lanparty LT X38-T2R thread.

Be interesting to see how you get on. Will look forward to seeing your results & findings , I'm sure thare are many who will be interested .:beer:

luck:)

Geez...I just ordered a DFI UTP35 TR2 from Newegg. I will join in with you after you get your thread all set up, and we can compare the differences:)

Board arrived today, along with the other parts I was waiting for. The new build is as follows:

Intel E4500 Core 2 Duo Processor (11x200=2200MHz)
DFI LP DK P35-T2RS Socket 775 Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB DDR2-800 (4 x 1GB)
BFG Geforce 8800GT 512MB OC

Just finished installing Windows XP Professional x64, so far so good. I'll get GIMP fired up and start posting some pictures. It's probably going to be a few days of burn in before I start trying to overclock, but that gives me time to get all the stock benchmarks out of the way.

Pictures to follow!

I considered one of these, after consulting with Shadin a while back, but DFI is practically non-existent in denmark, so i went with another board.

but DFI is practically non-existent in denmark, so i went with another board.
Yep europe seems to be almnost devoid of dfi product atm. Was cruising about myself looking to see if i could see any x38's om the shelf yet. In the uk i only found 1 web store stocking dfi.

hmm i'm very interested in one of these. I'm not sure if i want to go a 780i board though as i wouldn't mind being able to run SLI 8800GT's in the future. I have never owned a DFI before, but i know they are good.

been looking at this motherboard myself for the E8500 and crucial ballistix PC2-8500 5-5-5-15
been looking for a little help with making the decision as I see that this board doesn't support the 1066 ram (not sure if it will hinder the OC at all)

Typing on my DFI UT p35 TR2 right now:beer:

I love your pics so far. Wanna see how it clocks!

Will post some pics of this board tommorrow.

Well, Here are some screenies along with the first serious OC Attempt....stable at 3.8Ghz!

No, that's not an optical illusion, the board is bowed in the one pic:eek:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,486
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,515
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,497
  • 6.jpg