• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newb with Tard Quest. for those INtheKNOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bkk7791

I am in the process of building my first PC. Here is what I've got going so far, with a few more goodies left to get.
Q6600 Quad saddled into a ASUS P35 X38 MOBO. BFG 8800GT with 512 (single for now), pushing (2) 24" 1920X1200 SOYO monitors (not namebrand, but nice for ME), Tagan BZ 800W PSU, 2 WD cav. 500gig drives,coolermaster stacker8 830 case, with a bazillian fans, merc stealthjKB....so what would be best for MEMORY?? I will OC some, nothing crazy @ 1st, but whats a decent fairly fast one to use? Is there a reliable, UNCOMPLICATED water cooler/cryo freeze unit that kicks beehind? Is going the ultra cold route more hype?or is it worth messing with?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

BK

:welcome: bkk7791!!

Related to memory, a number of good reliable brands are available (Corsair, Crucial, OCZ, and Mushkin), that isn't meant to be a complete list. I would suggest at least 2G of DDR2 1000 rated memory or above since you plan to overclock. Examples could be Critical Ballistix, Corsair, OCZ Platinum, or Mushkin. Budget and your overclocking target come into play here as to what the exact choice should be.

Sounds like another question relates to cooling and might be better located in the water cooling forum. But I'll see if I can't clarify a little what you're asking. You're interested in cooling, particularly water cooling? Yes water cooling can be quite reliable. I'm not sure what a "cryo freeze unit" is. Chiller of some type? Water cooling can range from fairly straight forward to quite complicated. What do you want to cool, only the CPU? Each new component you want to cool adds more tubing and can become what I call complicated with tubes running everywhere as you cool more components. Give us a little better idea what you want to cool. Again, your overclocking target comes into play here.

Cheers. :beer:

Back